Monday, January 14, 2008

Sweet Child of MIne

Today Aubrey is six months old - I can't believe it! During those beginning weeks it seemed like it would be impossible for me to endure to this point, but we've made it and it's great! Six months is so much better then 6 weeks. Maybe I have no heart, but I'm I the only one who feels that the first few months aren't enjoyable AT ALL? Zach and I visited some friends on Saturday who have a 4 week old. The mom had been up all night and most of the day and her husband had just gotten home to relieve her. Looking at them I thought, I am SO glad I'm not you! I like that newborns are so tiny, but other then that....Aubrey is just so much fun now. She loves to play with toys and she giggles and she sleeps at night oh so well.


I can get super sentimental, so I had to put Aubrey in this outfit one last time before I retired it. We brought her home from the hospital in this little nightgown and it swallowed her whole. It fits really well at 6 months. Even though I just complained about not enjoying those first few months, I still get all teary thinking about bringing her home for the first time! I love my little girl!
6 month stats:
Height: 25.5 inches (50%)
Weight: 14 lbs 8 oz (25%)
Head: I forgot - it looks darn cute and proportional so who cares?

11 comments:

Brooklet said...

Packing the cloths away always makes me sad. I packed Morgan's 0-3 months away and I just kept thinking, I hope I have another girl, so I can see these clothes on another baby. But I completely agree with you that the first six weeks are terrible!!! I mean, I love the tiny baby, but the whole not sleeping at nights it tough on me!

libby said...

You two could convince a girl not to have children...

Amy said...

Yes, your little girl is so sweet. Isn't it amazing that you can still love them so much even if they've just pooed all over the house!

Gina said...

Cute Aubs! I feel like 6 months is such a big milestone! Happy 1/2 birthday Aubrey! I can't wait to have a baby to bring home again. I love the newborn stage (I didn't say that when I had one though).

noelle said...

she is SO cute, melanie. seriously cute.

Rachel said...

oh i miss those little dress jammies. those were my favorite thing to put Luke in. I agree that the early part is tough to enjoy but then it is so much fun when they're big. Luke makes up laugh every day. She's darling. I wish I could see her sometime. maybe in UT???

Kimberly said...

Hey Mel you have a darling little girl and I can't believe she can still fit ruffly well into the same outfit you brought her home in. My little girl is kind of a chunk I think she weighs around 20-25 pounds at 6 1/2 weeks. I think her new born cloths would strangle her. It is very sad to see them grow up so fast you just want to keep them small and cuddly forever.

Michele said...

I suffered through the first 3-5 months of my babies and then...they become nothing but fun fun fun! That little angel will make you laugh so hard and tears will stream down your face when she says "I wuv you mommy". It is so much more fun from 6 months on...for me anyway.

Jana said...

I love the newborn stage too!! I love all of it. What I don't love is the sassy talking once they get too smart! :) I just love babies. I do think it just gets better and better. No sleeping is NOT fun. But holding a newborn . . .ahhhh!!

Libby said...

oh my goodness...i LOVE your blog! okay, that was kind of wierd...I was looking at your comments as I started writing and saw the one from libby and was really confused! yes, i know now libby jones, it just took me a good second!
aubrey is getting so darn cute!

Kimo said...

What a 'Doll Baby' ! (do you ever get that comment around town? - we got it all the time - I thought it must be a Pittsburgh thing). Seriously, though, Aubrey is absolutely beautiful, and her head looks just right on her little body. I wish we could see her in person - so come visit us!