

I managed to drag Zach kicking and screaming, to NYC for the weekend. His recap of the weekend? It was loud, dirty, and busy. My recap - we went to Times Square, Bryant Park, New York Doughnut Plant, Katz Deli, China Town (got a knock off Coach and Dolce and Gabbana), Little Italy, Flat Iron Building, Washington Arch, the American Girl Doll Store (Zach kindly volunteered to stay in the room with Aubrey while I went to this), St. Patrick's Cathedral, Central Park, Uniqlo (great clothing store, meaning I can actually afford a few things there), Empire State Building, and back to the Doughnut Plant. Zach also went to the Big East Basketball championship and the U. of Pittsburgh won (my turn to volunteer to stay in the room with Aubrey). I have to say the highlight of the trip was the doughnuts, Tres Leche and the Blackout and Coconut Cream were amazing. We spent $35 dollars and about 4 hours on trips to this doughnut place. Also, the pastrami sandwich at Katz deli was scrumptralescent (Zach's description), but seriously, worth getting again. Thank you Food Network! The other highlight was when someone asked me directions to some restaurant, I must totally have looked like a true New Yorker.


Waiting for the subway, Upper East Side (where I would live), and Aubrey eating my new Coach bag, the girl has taste. Below, the Empire State Building.


I cannot get this picture to load vertically in the blog, any ideas?

Times Square 2007 above, pregnant with Aubrey and Times Square 2008 below, with the Slobster herself. Hmm, unfortunate that my stomach looks the same size in both! Darn.
10 comments:
wow! looks like fun. I thought NY was gross when I went but I guess I didnt get all that yummy food and it was HOT July. I am glad to see you're getting the most out of the east coast because when you move to CA you're really not going to want to travel so far.
YAY! You're back! Is your computer fixed? I wanted to thank you again for letting Bryant stay with you guys. He had a blast. :)
Ohh I want to go to NYC now. I think that all the girls of our family need to plan a trip there. Aubrey looks so big in that pic. Is she really standing up (with support) I miss not being with you guys. I finally saw our show Friday night! I just pictured myself in our room with the beach outside our window!
Love the title (Elf's a classic!) We'll have to guy to NYC someday(minus kids and hubby's-they can go shoot something) Aubrey looks right at home. Did they not have my Louis Vutton bag?
Where's the Bahamas?
YOUR BACK! It's good to see pics! Plus Aubry is so stinkin cute!(but you already knew that) That looks like so much fun. Tom and I really want to go to NYC, but the timing just didn't work to our advantage. It must have been so fun! What a blast
Totally planning a trip to NYC soon, you really do look like a new yorker with you bag and all! Glad you had fun and especially glad you are home safe.
After all the Doughnut hype I think I could get Mike to go for that reason alone. What's up with you not bringing any home for us to try?! I'm glad you guys had a little getaway. Next time we'll watch Aubrey. Is your computer working now? You need to post pictures of the Bahamas.
i love, love, love nyc! i can't wait to go! it might be a while though- after our trip to dc this weekend! we will go though!! oh, and i am for sure going to both the doughnut place and katz deli! thanks for the review!
Sounds so fun if you ask me. I love NY!!! And you look great. Puh-lease! Lets plan another girls trip and have some real fun.
Now I for sure want to go with your family to the U.S. Open. It seems like you know everything about the city. C.J. and I have never been, but as long as there is food, sports, and a trip to the American Girl store, we're in.
Post a Comment