Monday, April 14, 2008

A month in the life of Aubs

Warning, this is 100% a grandparent post. By that I mean, I'm documenting every tiny thing Aubrey has done, right down to video taping her eating in her high chair. I know, boring. But...she has changed so much this past month, and since her grandparents don't live close enough to have seen any of it, I want to keep them in the loop. So my parents and Zach's parents, you are required to watch every video and look at every picture. Anyone else can skip this post, no hurt feelings!

About a month ago Aubrey started crawling, completely out of the blue.


Within a week of that, she was pulling herself up on everything.

Then she ventured up the stairs. She has climbed the whole staircase several times. Our house is now covered with gates.


Then she attempted to walk, which didn't go so well. This little toy has seen lots of carnege (see Amy's post)


I got these wagon wheel treats for Aubrey. They are pretty big, the idea being that your baby will gnaw on them for awhile. But not our Aubrey, she flies through them, shoving the entire thing in her mouth! We also caught her sharing them with Lulu. I think Lulu has had more of these then Aubrey. I'm a little embarrassed to be posting a minute and a half long video of my child just eating, but whatever, you were warned.



And what have Zach and I been up to this past month? We did actually take a break from following Aubrey around with a camera to go out, two nights in a row, WITOHUT Aubrey. Thanks to my friends who watched her, and sorry she was a punk. We won't try that again! Anyways, we went to the Banff mountain film festival, which I haven't missed for 7 years and it was amazing as always. I always leave so fired up to get out and explore, and then I remember, oh yeah, you're a scaredy cat and you have no money, so not going to happen. But below are some of the pictures from the photography portion of the festival.


And I did a few crafts. These paper globe topiaries took WAY too long, but I do like them and they are pretty fun to make. I have to credit my friend Brooke for showing me these. You can get instructions here. And credit to Michele for showing me how to do the letter. Since you're probably thinking that I have way to much time on my heads, honestly, I don't. I just neglected anything and everything that I really should have been spending my time on so I could do fun crafts instead!


Well, if you actually made it too the end of this post and are reading this, then you are a good grandparent, or a good friend, or maybe YOU are the one with too much time on your hands! J/K!

16 comments:

Brooklet said...

YOur crafts turned out very cute!

I CAN'T believe how fast Aubrey is mastering all the physical things. Watching her walk like that!! She must have inherited her mom's athleticism. And if she inherited her mom's rock climbing abilities, those gates you have up all over the house won't do you much good!

Libby said...

are you kidding...that post was the best! that little girl is so darn cute! she did really well walking. that flower zip-up is adorable. oh, and i love the picture of her sharing with lulu- so cute!

Linda said...

I think Aubrey definately has inherited her mom's athleticism. She is developing and growing so fast! I'm pretty sure she'll start walking on her own before you know it.

And we really do hope that you will let us babysit for you guys again. We loved watching Aubrey and Natalie play with each other. And seriously, Tyler LOVED being the favorite for once:)

Rachel said...

boo! we read that LONG A post and you come with that. J/k you're totally right. I have been sitting at the computer for way too long while at this very moment my mother in law is driving to my house and I haven't cleaned her bathroom since just about the day we moved in so I REALLY should be doing that.

BusyMama said...

Wow, what a month! I can not believe how much she changed in such a short time (and I enjoyed watching all the clips, no embarrassment necessary!). You have become quite the crafty little thing - well done!

Melissa Hodgen said...

I love Augrey posts! And to think you were scared to put half of a fruit puff in her mouth only a month ago. I've never seen a baby put an entire wagon wheel in their mouth.
I don't get the "B" letter...shouldn't it be an A, M, Z, or P? It's a hoot to see you so crafty...who knew! Oh, would you make me some cute boy burp rags...you know the diapers with ribbons?

Melissa Hodgen said...

Oh, one more thing...only a Gruwell can eat like that! Stand proud Aubrey...the Gruwell's will never let you go hungrey!

Michele said...

I definitely do not have too much time on my hands and I am not a grand parent yet (though with a 21 and a 20 year I could be)so that leaves a good friend! I love Aubrey...she is such a treasure and I never get bored watching her videos or looking at pictures...so rock on!

Amy said...

Maybe I'm a good friend or just really bored like you said, but I read and watched everything. It's partly Owen's falt too though, he loves watching videos of himself, his friends or his cousins. I'm still going to say that Aubs looks like Zach but in the video of her shoving that wagonwheel in her mouth, very much reminded me of you! Glad you taught her how a REAL woman eats.

Amy said...

PS You have to let people babysit again! You have to keep sane, and... SHE DID GREAT!!!!

audrey said...

all babies are cute just bc they're babies, but i swear, aubrey is absolutely adorable all on her own. when it's your own baby, you can stare at them forever, but aubrey's not even mine, and i loooooove watching her!!!! she's GORgeous.

and yay for that "b" ... : ) i looooved the package. thank you so much. "b" for belén!!! can't wait till the girls can play--wow. we're MOMS with DAUGHTERS. so old-sounding.

Anonymous said...

Amy, oh now I'm depressed. Aubrey only reminds you of me when she's being a big PIG! Melissa, Zach said the same thing when he saw Aubrey shove that whole thing in her mouth, "She gets that from your side of the family". Oh yeah Zach, I can think of some things she gets from you!

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

Obviously I have too much time on my hands! But I can't believe how big she's getting! I love your blog by the way...so cute!

noelle said...

wow. the eating of the wagon wheel was phenomenal. loved it! i felt like reaching through the computer screen to give her a little apple juice or something to help wash it down...

Kimo said...

Hey Mel - so I kind of took a small hiatus from checking blogs, and now I find so much new information, filled with fun trips, good food, and a sweet little girl. I just wanted to say I enjoyed reading all your recent posts, and seeing the fun photos of all your adventures. Aubrey is a little darling!

Kimberly said...

What a little dare devil she is just jumping into her abilities with both feet and a mouthful of honeycombs cereal! If that's what she was devouring in the video clip:) Adorable, simply adorable.