These dresses were so in style when I was in high school. Or maybe they were our school uniforms, one of the two.
I think we were at an amusement park. Notice you can see the straps of all of our sports bras. For some reason that was the thing to do back then.

We ruled the B-team/JV soccer team. Sure we were juniors and everyone else on the team were freshmen, but whatever...

Birthday party for the girl in the purple

Junior Class Ring Day - I was a class officer and we were supposed to plan a big hoopla to have the rings delivered. Past years had Elvis impersonators skydive in, or monster trucks drive to the school. I'm not sure if we couldn't agree on anything or what the problem was, but the best we could come up with was to have these 3 shirtless guys that happened to run by our school the day before deliver the rings. It was an all girls school, so it was kind of a treat, I guess. And we only had to pay the guys a couple slices of pizza.

A track meet my freshmen year.
A track meet my senior year - notice I'm wearing the same shirt still, four years later.
Cat Rat Day - every senior was assigned a 6th grade buddy. At the beginning of the year, we would dress up our rat (the 6th grader) in things like diapers, pacifiers, and then we would dress up too and make the 6th graders parade in front of the whole school.

Our winter uniforms - much cuter then the dresses we wore fall and spring


Our winter uniforms - much cuter then the dresses we wore fall and spring
Winterim - Kayaking in the Sapelo Islands, my senior year. Winterim was a break we got every February where we got a few days off school, but had to do a school sponsored activity during those days. I know, poor me.

No, it's not a bride and her bridesmaids. It's another one my school's traditions that I loved, but cannot explain or justify what the point was. But this is May Day, the girl in white is the May Queen, and we are her court.
Haiti after graduation with my good friend Marie.

Haiti after graduation with my good friend Marie.
Stay tuned for a Zach high school flashback - now those are some funny pictures!

14 comments:
I LOVE the pictures! I think about the same things you do, like would we be friends if I knew you when...I think too if Mike would have liked me in high school or if I would have thought he was cute! Funny times. It's weird to think that 4 years of your life could be so influential!
you still look exactly the same.
So, what's up with the term 'flashback'? Wasn't high school for you like two years ago?! If you want to see flashback, you should see my high school pics (we're talking late 80's early 90's here)! Maybe if you're lucky, I'll get off my lazy bottom and scan in some of my high school pics and post them on my blog (if you are REALLY lucky!) First I'd have to fish them out of some box somewhere that I don't even know where it is.
You school uniform dresses remind me of Robin hood.
Some of your pics you look real young in, but then I guess you still kinda look that way, like your 17.
these are so hilarious. i was laughing so hard... but you know, this is exactly how i picture you still...
Yeah, you are still totally the same. Your flashback is my yesterday. That doesn't even make sense, but I'm not deleting it. :) You get the point. You are young. . . I am old. And what the heck? Where are some brace-face pictures?!!! Those were the hard times. Remember power chains?
Kim - I would pay money to see some of your high school pictures, I'll mail you a dollar if you post them! And I'll double that fee if any are prom pictures with lots of sequins and poofy sleeves.
ohh this makes me miss the quirky tradtions/things that we did in highschool. I wish I could have been at May Day this year, for some odd reason. I agree though, you still look the same!
Looks like you're going to have to move back to Chattanooga so that Aubrey can be a second generation GPSer. Did you know they make toddler size uniforms? I swear they do!
Although I'm sure high school was fun, and you miss the freedoms it had, I like you better now.
Heres to the girls of the GPS, heres to the ring we wear for her, etc etc etc. high school flashbacks are always fun. gps has the craziest traditions, but you never forget them.
I loved seeing your pictures! And hey, way to be modest with the pink dress! I'm impressed. Thanks for sharing your memories, so fun to see.
Nice pictures!! Wow, nice to know you didn't have to go through that awkward phase in high school. I'm so jealous! (mine was bad) You look exactly the same, but older and more mature:)
You still look the same maybe a little tanner, well you are living in Pittsburgh afterall:) Ha! Anyways, if you were in highschool with me we would have been on the track team together and you would have totally kicked my but I'm sure of it. I was good at the relay though maybe I would have had you there:) Great flashback!
Post a Comment