Two of Zach's sisters were in town to run the St. Jude half marathon with Zach. I wish I had some pictures of the race, but I didn't have it in me to go brave the crowds with the cold and mostly with the Aubrey. She's getting almost impossible for me to carry and hold. They said the race was a really special event. I hope to do it next year! We did spend a night walking around Beale street with his sisters and without Aubrey, so that's when my camera usually comes out!
So...Beale Street....the famous Memphis Street. Here's the extent of my knowledge on it. Lots of blues legends got their start here. And that's about all I know! Once on Beale Street, we didn't know what to actually DO on the street, so we just walked around and looked at all the neon lights.
And of course, some Christmas lights! I can't wait to have more visitors so we can go see more of our local sights :)
I'm proud of Zach and his sisters for running the race, especially on an exceptionally cold day! The race is for such a good cause and 13.1 miles is no small distance. They were able to run through the St. Jude campus and be cheered on by some of the patients there. His sisters also said it was one of the hardest courses they've done and in a way, that feels appropriate for the cause it's for. 2.5 million dollars were raised for St. Jude that day. Thanks Zach, Kara, and Kris!
3 comments:
Way to go Zach!! And his sisters or course. And I would love to be a visitor there. Seriously. Maybe if we both take a break from child rearing we could actually do some fun things!! :)
your pictures really make your blog more interesting to look at. I need to get myself a nice camera and some photography skills sometime!
cute pix- i have NOTHING even close to that from my visit to Memphis. Wait, did I even take a pix on Beale street????? I suck taking photos!
We didn't quite know what to do either. we tried to eat somewhere but it was so noisy with the music we had to find a quieter spot
Post a Comment