Thursday, February 25, 2010

My assistant

On my honor, I did not encourage Miss A to do anything or did I put Mickey in any of the pictures - she did. This is all from her crazy little mind! I can't get away with taking pictures of the baby without being forced by her to snap some of ole Mickey the Mouse.


Let me introduce you to my new photography assistant. She takes very high quality photographs with her professional little mermaid camera. The camera even says "You look pretty as a princess!" every time she takes a picture. Does your expensive DSLR do that? Doubtful :) And she's very cheap! I don't have to pay her a cent, I just have to feed her, cloth her, provide her lodging, and change her diapers!

She comes up with brilliant ideas for poses that she clearly demonstrates for me with her Mickey mouse.


And she's always sure to get out of the way when it comes time for me to take the pictures.


She makes sure the props are nice and warm before I put them on the baby.



And she even tests the props out for safety before the real subject is put on!


She also insists that I take picture after picture after picture of her Mickey Mouse with all the same props I get out for the baby. Just so I can get a practice run in before the real deal.




I can't imagine not having my assistant around when I take pictures (I CAN imagine and it would be wonderful)! I would surely be a lot less (ahem MORE) efficient if she wasn't right by my side (ahem under my feet and in my way)! And who doesn't love trying to keep a nice steady hand for a clear picture while a two year old is trying to get a piggy back ride on your back? But all kidding aside, I'm glad I took the time to get these pictures of Baby T in her first 2 weeks, even though Miss A made it frustrating at times. Because now I can hardly get this baby to stay asleep all snugged up in PJs and swaddled in a comfy crib, much less on a wood floor with an itchy tutu on!

22 comments:

Richins Family said...

cute post! I always look forward to them :) T is so pretty! and it looks like A is following in your footsteps with photography! :)

JoDell said...

Ah, what would we do without our little assistants? (Probably a lot more than we do now, but life definitley wouldn't be as colorful :) I love, love the pictures of baby T. I always visiting your blog. The picture of Aubrey with the tutu on her head is definitley my favorite. What a cute post!

Cherie said...

OH Melanie your pictures are absolutely beautiful. I am so impressed. I wish I had a talent like that for sure :) Thanks for sharing them with us! Oh, and your little assistant couldn't be any cuter!

Keri said...

I LOVE the turquoise tutu and orange flower!!! My favorite so far:)

NJ said...

Your baby pictures are incredibly cute of course!! But I have to say that my favorite picture is the one of A with the tutu on her head! The expression on her face is just priceless!!

Linda said...

Love your little assistant, she knows how to keep things lively:) And beautiful pictures Mel. I'm sure it helps to have a beautiful model too.

mamasteph said...

Gorgeous pictures as always! I'm impressed you manage to do that with a toddler! They can definitely keep life busy and full of surprises! :) And just think of all of the memories you were able to create with both of them!

cathy said...

Your kids are so cute! I love the antiqued picture on the scale-beautiful!

Alys said...

You got some great pictures of both girls! Don't you just love how newborns sleep all the time. It makes taking pictures really fun because they look so precious sleeping. I love all your props, too. Where do you find them?

MaRea Hess said...

So, cute! I love all your photos. It looks like you have mastered Photoshop! I still want to scream at the computer.

MaRea Hess

Christi said...

Amazing pictures. Love the ones with the scale!!!! Aubrey is awesome!!

lindsey gruwell said...

LOVE the pictures. They put a smile on my face-what a funny girl. I miss her!

Darby Family said...

Well your little assistant must be really good because those are awesome pictures. I just love the blue tutu and the antique scale. A VERY talented Melanie Pitcher strikes again.

noelle said...

such a cute post. and such cute babies! you and zach make a phenomenal gene pool mix.

Jana said...

Your pictures are so great. I love all the new props you acquired. And I love the orange and blue. Super cute!

Amy said...

I love this post! It wasn't just to show off your amazing talent with photography... it was like looking through a window to your life. A behind the scenes look. Aubrey taking after her mommy so cute. You can tell too that T already is responding to her sister, the one of her in the Pram... she's totally looking at Aubs. Great pictures, thanks for sharing. T looks a lot like you I think.

Brooklet said...

Just think how talented your kids are going to be growing up with you. A is already mastering the art of staging- I love the pictures of the tutu on her head while she is looking up.

you have so many cute props now- and T is so beautiful!

Stefanie said...

Right before Sophie was born I would dream of having baby pics. of her like the ones you take of T! I would be totally flattered if you copied Ry's b'day stuff, but I know some how everything will turn out much cuter when you do it (not to mention the pics)!

Michele said...

Oh Melanie...this post made me miss you guys so much! Aubs is so adorable! Life will never be boring with her in the picture! Baby T is so precious and I love all the pictures. When we are all done with school we have to plan a get together!

The Bailey's said...

Oh I love litle Aubs....those pictures turned out so stinken cute! love them..you are so talented

Debi said...

Mel! I LOVE all of your new props. Wish they were around when Eden was born! Speaking of which, her 1 year was yesterday and I couldn't stop thinking of you! I thought about your coming and staying with my kids and making Zach his yummy cake/cookie for your anniversary. Anyway, love the photos (esp the blue and orange one) and love the props and LOVE your kids! Come back here and accessorize my family!

emily said...

maybe i'll try maggie's hand at assisting..... hmmm. your pictures are great. maybe one day i'll figure out my photo shop!