Monday, November 19, 2007

I was tagged!

Tagged
This is a different tag, so here are the rules:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 little-known facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog

1 – I love cheesy quotes, really love them. “Life is not measured by the breathes we take but by the moments that take our breath away” – “And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once” – “How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives” - “And forget not that the earth longs to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair” – “Be the change you wish to see in the world”. I could go on and on, getting more teary with each one. I have journals filled with just quotes. In fact, I think I’ll do a whole post on just quotes one of these days.

2 – I’m a wannabe hippie/greenie but I just don’t have to willpower to fully commit. Like if I was a true greenie, I would only use cloth diapers, but I just can’t bear the thought of that. Or I would never shop at Walmart, but it’s just so cheap and convenient! Or the other day I saw a show about how to reduce your carbon footprint. One way was to unplug appliances when you weren’t using them. I was talking to Zach about how we should start doing this when he pointed out that if we unplugged our tv/dvr/dvd player etc, then the DVR wouldn’t record any of our shows, so there went that idea. I also tried to be a vegetarian in college but that only lasted 2 weeks.

3 – Twice in my life I have gone 2 weeks without showering. One time I had a really good reason for it. The other time I didn’t.

4 – I’m a closet hypochondriac.

5 – One time in college a friend of mine organized a climbing contest, and against my will made the prize for first place a date with me. The winner had a fiancĂ© so he passed. The second and third prize guys were both 16, so they were given the option of the date or a t-shirt. They both took the t-shirt. Did I mention the date included a $30 gift certificate to a restaurant? Even free food wasn’t worth having to spend dinner with me. Mind you, I was against the whole thing in the first place. And then for everyone to pass. It was so embarrassing on so many levels.

6 – I used to ice climb, whitewater kayak, rock climb, mountain bike, canyoneer, etc. Now I go on walks with Aubrey and wear makeup and 4 inch heels.

I tag Melissa Hodgen, Libby and DJ Jones, Ashley and Ty Jensen, Sarah and Ryan Darby, Rachel West, and Gina Jensen.

9 comments:

Amy said...

That is so funny Mel! I never knew these things about you. I never knew you liked quotes so much. I liked them all too! I liked your post a lot! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Libby said...

Wow! You learn a lot about a person doing these things! I am glad you aren't a commited greenie bc I just don't think I could be your friend :). I love the earth- don't get me wrong- just not enough to hug a tree or anything.

Jana said...

I love it! And I know what you mean about being a closed hypochondriac. I am sure I have something majorly wrong inside my body. But shhh, I don't want to talk about it. That was too funny!!!

Anonymous said...

Those Wendy's chicken nuggets did you in or else you might have become a true vegetarian. Stupid Wendy's! Also, I remember the non-showering, but I don't know that I've ever seen you in 4-inch heels. My how times have changed.

By the way, there is no way that I can do this tagging thing. The only people I know with a blog are you and Sarah and you've both already been tagged.

Brooklet said...

I actually knew most of this about you, though the way you wrote it cracked me up- you would be a greenie, but you can't commit-so funny!

Rachel said...

im trying, its just that there are not even 2 things about me that are interesting AND true. ahhh!

Gina said...

Oh no! I'll do my best to fulfill my end of the tag. I thought (and hoped) this day would never come! I do love reading everyone's TAG entries though.

Kimo said...

lol, lol, and lol. Oh yeah, and lol! You crack me up! I just laughed at each of your l-k facts. I, too am a wannabe hippie/greenie, Oh and a wannabe outdoor enthusiast and fitness expert, but, I'm not even close on any of these things (just in case you were wondering).

I can't believe both of the 16 year old boys chose t-shirts over a date with you - it must have been during one of your two week anti-shower stints.

One last thing - do you wear your 4 inch heels on your walks with Aubrey? That would be almost as extreme as ice climbing - especially up Capital!

Michele said...

Did you come over to my house at the end of one of those "no shower weeks"? JK Too funny!