Have you guys ever heard of Restless Leg Syndrome? The first time I heard an ad about RLS on TV, Zach and I cracked up. I remember saying “What, are they just making up diseases now?” Sounds like just another made up disease for someone to excuse their behavior, like pleading insanity. “It wasn’t my fault, honestly, I have Road Rage Syndrome, it’s genetic”. A boy that I worked with in a delinquent youth program used to say he “had stress”. He was the worst behaved, rudest boy I had worked with in years, but he excused it by saying he couldn’t help his behavior, he had stress.
Anywho, I guess it’s only fair, after making fun of it, that restless leg syndrome was the bane of my existence during my pregnancy. Honestly, I was able to get more rest after Aubrey was born, even with the constant feeding and crying, then I was in the last 4 months of being pregnant. Zach moved to a different bed, due to me doing hours of bicycle kicks and leg lifts in the middle of the night. Sometimes I would get up during the night and do my elliptical, and lunges and wallsits, just trying to wear my darn legs out! Most nights I got up and just ate and watched TV, in case you’re wondering why I wasn’t skinnier with all the middle of the night exercise.
So, RLS has struck again, which is why I’m posting this blog in the wee hours of the morning. Has anyone else experienced this or is this just all in my head? And the voices in my head singing the Saved By the Bell theme song are a symptom of restless legs too, right? J/K!
Here’s what I’ve been doing since 3:30 am.
- Did bicycle kicks in bed for 30 minutes
- Got kicked out of bed by Zach for doing bicycle kicks. He didn’t exactly kick me out, but his hissing at me “STOP….SHAKING…..THE BED!” gave me a clue that leaving would be in my best interest.
- Ate a fudge bar while reading about Britney Spears being hospitalized and losing custody of her kids. What is going on with her? Is she actually crazy or is she on drugs? I think I’m hoping for drugs. Going to rehab for substance abuse seems pretty hip in Hollywood these days, but I think being mentally unstable might tarnish her image even more, if that’s possible
- Downloaded an insane amount of digital scrapbook paper, like 600 MB worth
- Updated my blog background – I don’t love it, but it’ll do for 5 am
- Updated my links on my blog
- Wrote this blog
Well, it’s 6:30 am, so I’m going to try and fall asleep. Chances are I will, since Aubrey is supposed to wake up soon!
15 comments:
Funny! So I'm up in the wee hours of the morning right now too. And it must be for the same reason! I keep tossing and turning, and just can't get comfortable enough to sleep. Therefore, I'm updating my blog too (And finally)! Let me know if you find a cure:)
Oh my gosh - I was shocked to see that I had a comment before I had even finished reading over my post. Why are we up! What's wrong with us!? Well, I'm going to check your blog right now!
Well, I'm trying to upload pictures still. For some some reason it always takes forever. So you might not see it posted till later.
RLS is totally legit. I have it and it runs in my family. I just get it randomly, not severe enough to go to the doctor, but my dad and sister take medication for it. I take medication for my insomnia, maybe that takes care of my legs for the night. If you notice, more than half of my posts are created after midnight. Good luck!
So sorry about the RLS...I have some friends who suffer too. There is nothing worst in my book than not being allowed to sleep. Glad you (Aubry)are back! JK missed you too.
I was up in the wee hours to, sick. I love you paper...where did you get it? Did I ever tell you I too had RLS while pregnant? Steve would message my calfs and it really helped. oh, and I'm 5.2 and half!
oh yeah, I know all about it. I ended up buying a $250 leg massage thingy that helped me some but I know it totally sucks and there is no cure. (requip makes you have intense urges like violence and other such things I wont name on your blog) who wants it?
You are too silly for words! I'm sorry your not getting any sleep, that sucks! Maybe you can show me how to make blog pages so cute. No one else will show me. You're my last hope!
At least you get a little bit of exercise in. I sleep through the night and still don't have the time. :) I did enjoy the conversation you and Linda were having. too funny.
How funny that you and Linda were both up! I feel so bad about the RLS! I haven't ever had it but I am sure it is so annoying! Your blog is to die for. How do you do the cute header?
I am not so concerned about the RLS, I am more concerned about why Saved By The Bell is stuck in your head.
I haven't ever had RLS, so I can't give you any advice, but if it gets you to update your blog, it can't be that bad, right???
I agree--your blog is so cute! And I was happy to see your blog updated, so I guess I'm saying I'm a little grateful for RLS... a little. So does this mean your pregnant? ...just throwing it out there...
I have experienced the same thing! It is horrible. It was the worst during my pregnancy but it still comes back at random times. I hate it!!!
haha - no, I'm not pregnant, not even a little! I didn't realize the rls was so common, I looked up the side effects of requip, yikes!
Amy, Gina, I did the header in photoshop, and the paper and stuff is from shabbyprincess. I'll show you how sometime, or if you don't have photoshop you can send me pictures and I can make a header for you, it's fun!
Hey just doing a little blog surfing. I'm Angie Riches a friend of Melissa's. I had horrible RLS with my last pregnancy too. My husband thought I was crazy. You should look up some at home cures on the internet. They say different things work for different people. Some things I remember were wearing socks, soaking your feet in hot or cold water, leg massages, etc. To be honest though, I ended up taking Ambien for the last month of my pregnancy because it got so bad. Don't worry, your not crazy:)
Post a Comment