Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy Birthday AUBREY!



Get ready for the clichés –
I can’t believe it’s been a year since Aubrey was born!
The time has flown by!
They grow up so fast!
Being a mom is the most rewarding thing ever!
I’m so lucky to have had her in my life this past year.
I can’t imagine my life without her.

Well, I know that’s what everyone says when their baby turns one, but I have to say it too because it’s exactly how I feel. It wouldn’t be so cliché or a stereotypical if it wasn’t usually true, right?


Just a newborn...

Halfway there....




One year old!
Signs that she’s not a little baby anymore…
-she’s mesmerized by Mickey Mouse Club – like in a trance


-she dances to music
-she throws full on fits when she doesn’t like something – flailing around like a dying fish and SCREAMING!
-she’s starting to walk



-As soon as it gets here in the mail, she’ll be out of her infant carrier and in a big girl forward facing car seat
-she's working on her rock climbing skills


We had a joint party with another 1 year old named Braden. This picture captures how the night went - he dug into the cake and Aubrey looked at it in perplexment. She wouldn't eat one bite!


She did have a bast with her new toys though!
Aubrey is feisty, opinionated, tenacious, busy, stubborn, energetic, scrappy, lively, exuberant, tough, fearless, adorable, hilarious, lovable, curious, adventurous, and my little girl!

15 comments:

Linda said...

That was such a cute post to Aubrey. I feel the same way about Natalie. I still can't believe they're still one! And I can't believe Aubrey's walking! No surprise though, she's such a strong little girl. She's such a doll.

Amy said...

I can't believe she's one either! I love her personality! Good job on the walking and rock climbing! A very good post about little Aubrey.

Libby said...

she has grown up so fast! i too love her "little" personality. she is so full of energy and curiosity...i love that! she is absolutely adorable. happy birthday aubs!

Maycock Family said...

We were waiting for the post of Aubrey's Birthday!! We can't wait to see her in a few weeks!! We love to see how much she is growing and Addi loves to look at "baby Aubrey" (I think that Aubrey will always be a baby to Addi!) Happy Birthday Aubrey! I will have to show Grandma Pitcher as Grandpa is out of town.

lindsey gruwell said...

aww what a cute girl! I love the video of her climbing! She's a smart one. I still remember when you were in the hospital and called me after you had her.

kajohnson said...

Happy Birthday Aubrey!!!

Heather B said...

I just can't believe how much Aubrey reminds me of Kalia. They are two peas in a pod. The videos were so cute- Happy Birthday Aubrey!

noelle said...

wow! is she really one now? didn't you just have her? or actually, weren't you just like 15? she's so adorable, melanie. seriously, seriously cute. cliché away about her. it's all true.

Hannah Ashmore said...

you is so adorable. happy birthday to aubrey! i hope to meet you soon! i think you need to move back to chattanooga.

Michele said...

Our whole family is in love with little Aubrey! She is so much fun and she cracks us up all the time. It was great to be there at her party...next year you will have moved before her 2nd birthday...OK now that is sad!

Brooklet said...

LEts see, I remember exactly where I was at when I heard you had Aubrey- I was at my kitchen table in WA. I cannot believe that was a year ago!

Aubrey is such a little cutie pie- I love how she just has to explore everything by herself (and she is a serious rock climber!).

Kimo said...

Wow!!! Where does the time go?! What a super cutie pie!!!

Scott P. said...

That is happy and sad at the same time! Time goes by so fast, you love that they are growing up, but don't want them to at the same time. Aubrey is so cute, and getting so big, I can't believe that will be Chase soon. She looks like she had a blast at the party, how fun!

Darby Family said...

Happy Birthday Aubrey!! I will always remember this special day because it is shared with our anniversary. She is growing up to be one beautiful girl. I hope I get to meet this cute girl soon.

Rachel said...

she's adorable. How cool that she can "rock climb." isn't being a mommy the coolest?? I am so looking forward to my little girl getting bigger. 1 year is my favorite time. (2 is a little too opinionated)