Monday, April 27, 2009

beachy


As I mentioned in my previous post, I got to spend a couple days with my older sister and her kids at the beach. It was such a neat place. We stayed at Rosemary Beach, which has a similar vibe to it's larger and more well known neighboring beach of Seaside. I would recommend either! Both towns are master planned communities that were designed with the idea of recreating the small town life that is so rare these days. The idea was to make a place where cars weren't needed and that's what I loved about this place. You can walk anywhere, to the shops, beach, pool, park, tennis court, in just a few minutes.  We plan to go back as a whole family in the fall. I'm looking forward to it!

Around town in Rosemary Beach





My sister's little ones.  It's such a sweet picture you'd never know all the threats we used to get Shannon to give her brother a kiss! 


17 comments:

thekarrens said...

I love those pics and I love that beach. It is so different than the beaches out here. Your pics look like they are straight out of a magazine. I love that you threatened them for the kiss... soooo many of my pics are only because I told my kids they would never go to Disneyland again or the park or dance or eat icecream....haha

lindsey gruwell said...

I love the pictures and the writing you added. You really are great at photography. I can't wait until we go, but this time as a family!

Amy said...

The pictures are amazing! You just keep getting better and better. The pic of you and Aubrey is so sweet. What a fun place. I'll have to remeber it because FL is not too far from SC. Would you still want to take pics of my kids? I'm paying!

kajohnson said...

I luv the pic of you and Aubrey!

Alys said...

I'm jealous. The beach sounds so fun right now. Great pictures as always!

La Familia Young said...

Man, our fam needs to hit the beach some time. Aubrey looks so cute as always! Glad you guys had a good time! By the way, your pictures look good. What kind of camera do you have? I bet it's one made for serious photographers, right? Some day... :)

Linda said...

I love your pictures, especially the one of you and Aubs. And the beach looks so beautiful! I do love the eastern beaches.

libby said...

ummm, that picture of you holding aubrey is gorgeous. wow.

Amy said...

These are just about the cutest beach family pics I've ever seen! Your little sass is adorable, I just love her!!!

Darby Family said...

Melanie, I am amazed. You really have become such a talented photographer in such a short amount of time. I wish you lived closer so I could hire you to take pictures of my little one. Bravo!!!

Melissa Hodgen said...

I LOVE the picture of Shannon and Adam. We are SOOO enlarging that one. Thank you Thank you. I'm also glad that my primitive photography skills resulted in at least one decent pic of you and Aubrey. It was so much fun and I can't wait to go back!

Oh and if you check my blog you'll notice that I used almost all of the pics you emailed me and got tons of compliments.

Elise said...

Wow, great pictures! That place looks so cute, I'm dying to go to the beach now! Pictures are worth a thousand words, but at least you can't hear the threats that were being used in order to take them:)

noelle said...

rock on with the photography, girlfriend. gorgeous, gorgeous pics! i love talented people.

Rachel said...

I love these pictures. The one of you an Aubrey is so pretty. & the one of you two walking. It has a vintage kind of feel to it.

Rachel said...

what kind of a camera do you have?

Kimberly said...

I really like the pic of you and Aubrey sitting by the fence simply beautiful. It's the kind of beach scene I love. I don't know what it is about the beach and pics they always turn out great. I really like the town too. I have a thing for vintage places with lots of old world charm.

JoDell said...

Isn't the beach just wonderful? I love all the pictures. I love the one of you and Aubrey sitting on the beach. And, by they way, you're gorgeous, Melanie!