Sunday, May 17, 2009

when melissa comes to town...

My sister and her kids came to visit me last week and we did it all! The Strip District, Mount Washington, Dusquene Incline, Ross Park Mall (the best mall here!), Ikea, Joann's (several times), lots of sewing (6 nursing covers!), LOTS of eating (Thai Me up, Page's, Big Jim's, Dorstop Diner, Vanilla Pastry Studio, Pittsburgh Popcorn Company). If you haven't eaten at Big Jim's in the Run, you should! It's in Panther Run, near Oakland. DON'T go to that area at night, but DO get the veal parm sandwich and the meatball sub. Super cheap and super huge. And don't miss the Strip District on a Saturday.

Yes...I bought one of these colorful dresses for my little girl

mmm...cannoli!
Another must stop in the Strip, I love hearing all the Italian being spoken in here

GO to the Pittsburgh Popcorn Company! That's an order, it's delicious! I think this week the special is nutella!


some urban shots

walking home after our car broke down



THE DUSQUENE INCLINE


Random little picture. Aubrey NEVER really took to a pacifier. By 8 weeks old she wanted nothing to do with it. But with Adam and his stash of binkies, she jumped on the bandwagon. She wanted that thing 24/7. What a weirdo!

My sister, Melissa. Thanks for coming all the way to Pittsburgh! I'm glad I got to show you what I've been up to the last 4 years! I look forward to seeing you much much more now that we will only be 4 hours apart.

8 comments:

libby said...

fun shots of the strip district. I'm going to make the most of that place until I leave. I'm going at least once a week. :) Speaking of leaving, I have a great idea for your last night here--you just wait!

Libby said...

i really need to do the strip district. it sounds like fun. what in the world are you going to do with 6 nursing covers?!

p.s. i am in COMPLETE denial that you are not going to be there when i get home! so sad!

thekarrens said...

Ahhh I miss Pittsburgh...I want to steal some of your pictures for my scrapbooking. Hey, what camera do you have? I want to get into photography-any suggestions on cameras?

Anonymous said...

hey melanie! so, you girls have inspired me! i got the pattern for the birdie sling purse and it is going to be one of my first sewing adventures! hopefully mine looks half as cute as all of yours when i am done. did you use amy butler fabric or another kind? wish me luck! :)

Anonymous said...

oh! and what pattern did you guys use for the diaper bags you made??

Vanessa said...

Hey Melanie, I'm your cousin Jake's wife, Vanessa. Love your blog. You are a great photographer and very talented. I love the diaper bags you made, so cute!

Paige said...

Did you guys make aprons or hooter hiders? I LOVE LOVE LOVE your photography! You have an incredible eye. Do you use photoshop to edit your photos?
You are awesome!
Paige

Unknown said...

Have I told you how impressed with your photography I am? I think I'm obsessed with that right now. ;)