This is a little late, but needed to be posted!
On a scale of 1-10, I will miss....
The city of Pittsburgh: 7 - you had a lot to offer, a lot of excitement, fun unique nooks, plenty of scenic views, but I had to dock you a bit for your crazy traffic and convoluted roadways.

The University of Pittsburgh: 0 - glad to be done. You were too expensive.

Our home of 4 years: 7 - we came here just Zach and I, and we left as a full-fledged family, a little toddler and dog and all. The proximity to a narrow busy street and the occasional drug dealing neighbor or someone drunkenly throwing up on our driveway is all that kept you from a perfect 10!

Our steep cobblestone street: 1 - it got a one just for the old world charm. But it is mostly not missed for the money we had to put into replacing our brakes!
The friendships I had there: 110! We've seen each other laugh, and cry, heard some fart (you know who you are!), seen a few throw up, gained weight together (only during pregnancy of course!), lost weight together, and most importantly, we were each other's support system during this time in our lives when we are away from our families. I'm so glad for the time I had with them, thanks for letting me be a part of your lives! We will see each other soon, right?





17 comments:
Those pictures are STUNNING! I really, really love your house too. When I get one...will you come decorate it? :)
you betchya!
It's the way I feel too, about everything! (well, except i don't feel so low about the cobble street you lived on, but I guess I didn't have to drive it every day). We shall see you in the fall!
I miss you. :(
If can stop changing our minds about where to meet up, then we will definitely see each other again. :)
I love the drunken neighbor that docked a whole point from your house. So funny.
Jeez! I thought I was DONE crying!! You stinker! Oh we're gonna miss that little place we've called home for the last 4 years! Hold that, no I'll miss YOU (and of course Owen misses his girlfriend).
I love that picture of Pittsburgh! Can I buy a copy? Seriously amazing! I would also have to dock Pittsburgh for its crazy sports fans, although that's a major part of this city. Anyway, Pittsburgh misses you! I can't wait to see you in the fall but you should come visit before then.
Those pictures are amazing. What a great post, it makes me want to go there.
haa, I loved the rating system and the explinations for the numbers. That was a pretty funny post. I wish I'd been able to visit you guys to experience the city. We'll have to go on a road trip to New York, Pitts, and all around.
We've been gone now for almost two years, and I still miss 'Da Burgh.
love your posts.
that cobblestone is crazy!!!!!!! i loooove cobbles, but wow. that's a bit steep. reminds me of being on the crew team at GPS, when we had to run up and down and up and down these steep hills for an hour and a half. igh... did you run this baby??
Wow! That picture of Pittsburgh is amazing! You are so talented, but, of course, you already knew that. :)
That street you lived on was crazy! And the University of Pittsburgh was waaaay too expensive (not just for dental school)! I think if it wasn't for the friends I made in Pittsburgh, I probably wouldn't have loved it as much as I did. That definitley makes all the difference.
The Burgh will always have a special place in all the hearts who have experienced it, congested traffic and all.
Has anyone told you that you look like the cute Torrie girl off of "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here"?
Ummm, I am sure you noticed, but I was no where to be seen in that friendship picture.
Your little family is so missed too! Totally agree about the street...we have replaced our brakes 3 times!
I love your goodbye to Pittsburgh. I am still trying to catch up on my blog. We will see if I ever make it back that far to say goodbye. Let's be honest I am thrilled to be done. The thing I miss the most is friends like you. I still had so much I wanted to do and learn from you. I hope you are doing great!!
My prayers are with your sister.
Hi Melanie....This is Stacy Fusitu'a aka Shinnick, I got a text from my bf Stephanie who is in your ward. I can't believe you guys are in the same ward. Its so crazy when you are LDS....such a small world!! I'm so jealous that you get to be with Steph and Baby Keilani this summer. I run across your blog on Melissa's and then I have been reading Lindsey blog too. I'm some humbled by her strength she is so amazing! I'm going to add you to my not updated blog(its embarassing)! I got to get on the ball. Feel free to add me too! Love Stacy
Post a Comment