
It's been awhile since I last posted and it'll probably be a while until I post again! I am just now starting to get my act together since we moved. There are parts of this house I cleaned for the first time today since we moved in! And there is still a room and garage full of boxes to be sorted through....
We haven't been up to anything too exciting. It's been nice to see Lindsey every couple days. She's doing really well, but going stir crazy! Poor girl. She and my mom are both troopers. If you read Lindsey's blog you already know what an amazing attitude she has, but I have to give accolades to my mom as well. She has put her life on hold to be with Lindsey 24/7 these past 4 months or so. We are very lucky kids to have her!
I've wanted to get a picture of Aubs doing her "cheesy smile" for some time now and I finally charged my camera battery enough to do so. Don't you love it! It has 4 distinct and necessary parts for it to be a true cheesy smile. Her lips curled under, teeth bared, nose scrunched, and eyes squinted. I love my girl. She's hard on me at times, but when her excessive energy is channeled in a happy way, she makes me laugh more then anything else in the world.
Some things I love.....
~how her laugh sounds like a little cackling gremlin, it's not girly at all!
~her love of our friend's dog Charlie, we watched him a couple weeks ago and she still wakes up every morning going, "oh chalie, where he go?"
~yesterday when she found a frog and followed it around hopping every time it did and cackling like a gremlin
~after every bath, she lets us wrap her in a towel and she cuddles and gives us loud smacky kisses on our cheeks. This is honestly the only time she sits still or lets us hold her and it makes my day.
~that she can do perfect somersaults, one after another (but only when she's in the mood!)
~the sneaky little smile she gives me when she knows I've caught her doing something she's not allowed to do
~yesterday when she found a frog and followed it around hopping every time it did and cackling like a gremlin
~after every bath, she lets us wrap her in a towel and she cuddles and gives us loud smacky kisses on our cheeks. This is honestly the only time she sits still or lets us hold her and it makes my day.
~that she can do perfect somersaults, one after another (but only when she's in the mood!)
~the sneaky little smile she gives me when she knows I've caught her doing something she's not allowed to do
~how she says "num num num" and smiles the entire time she eats a hot dog (and she wants hot dogs for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks....)
I could go on and on of course! Aubs is nearing her 2nd birthday and I'm obviously getting a little sentimental about it!
Lastly, the picture below was meant to go with my last post, it was waiting in my "pictures to blog" folder with cute rounded edges ready to go and all. But somehow it didn't make it in. We all brought cameras this night to document a last girls night before the casualties (friends moving) started and to prove that we were capable of organizing a themed girls night. This one was obviously "Crepe Night" - see the one lone crepe there amongst the diet cokes and frescas? But mostly, I wanted to include it because it was the last picture taken before our good friend Jana moved. I'm glad a little birdie reminded me to post this picture :)
I could go on and on of course! Aubs is nearing her 2nd birthday and I'm obviously getting a little sentimental about it!
Lastly, the picture below was meant to go with my last post, it was waiting in my "pictures to blog" folder with cute rounded edges ready to go and all. But somehow it didn't make it in. We all brought cameras this night to document a last girls night before the casualties (friends moving) started and to prove that we were capable of organizing a themed girls night. This one was obviously "Crepe Night" - see the one lone crepe there amongst the diet cokes and frescas? But mostly, I wanted to include it because it was the last picture taken before our good friend Jana moved. I'm glad a little birdie reminded me to post this picture :)

And here's one more picture I had wanted to post last time but didn't because I promised I wouldn't. So I'm sorry, but for memories sake, I had to have a picture of my dear friend Michele on here. I will take many memories with me of countless hours of just hanging out at her house and leeching her craft expertise and merchandise off her (such as the snow blocks below that I finally finished!).

Anyways, kind of a random post, but hey, so is life! Sorry for my lack of supportive commenting on your blogs, I will get back with the program soon!
18 comments:
how are you liking being back in tn?
ahhhh :) i miss you mel!
I liked that post. It's good to hear from you in the blogging world again. So glad Lindsey is doing well. Owen still occasionally askes about Aubrey. We miss her! Her cackling gremlin laugh too. It doesn't make me feel good that you still have boxes though because you've been moved in for longer than me. I feel like I'm up to my eyeballs in boxes and I feel like I'll never get through them.
I still have boxes in the basement...and it has been 3 years, so no biggie! We miss you guys so much! I was hoping you might come for Super Saturday this fall...I have so many fun crafts I think you will love to do! Of course you HAVE to bring Aubs...or the girls will never forgive you!
Awe...that made me miss Aubs hearing all the new stuff fhe is doing. I want to hear her say "oh chalie"! I am sad we won't see eachother's kids in October :(
When I saw that picture of Aubrey, I had to laugh! She is so adorable! Glad things are going well.
Perfect! Do you remember Shannon's cheeze face? The one where she looked in pain and consitpated. At least Aubs face it cute.
I do check your photo blog and baby O's pics are so cute it almost makes me want another one. Almost. Where were you when Adam was born? It's his loss for not having come sooner. It would have been nice to have some pics of him when he didn't look like a marshmellow.
Ahhhh, I forgive you. :) You know I am totally joking right?!!! But I am glad that you put that pic up. It made me sooo excited to see you (and everyone else) in a few months. I miss you!!!! In fact, expect a call this week. :)
Happy birthday to Aubrey! I know it still isn't for a few days...hopefully she likes the whole cake thing better this year (plus Braden won't be there to steal her leftovers!)
Yea, you finally posted!! Aubrey is changing all ready! It feels like forever since you moved. The "snow" letters turned out great and I want to see some pictures of your amazing house.
Sweet a new post-only 2 weeks and 6 days since the last one,but who's counting? just kidding, know you've been busy. Love the cheesy smile, love finially being around that girl more, she is just so cute and entertaining! Yes, props to mom for all her work. We are blessed to have her! I hope that you have a great time in UT/Canada. We'll miss you back here, but glad you're getting out and doing something exciting. love and miss ya'll
Love the picture of Aubs, cheesy smile and all! And I'm glad to hear that your sis is doing well, what a trooper. And how lucky she is to have you and your mom with her. Good luck with the boxes!
girlfriend, aubs is so cute. her antics sound familiar. a little too familiar. she and m would have a grand time together.
Melanie, look now! I think me and you were talking about this. LOOK HOW CUTE!
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=27747869&ref=sr_gallery_1&=&ga_search_query=girls&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=3&order=date_desc&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=title&show_panel=true
Aubs is just too cute!!! I love that smile! Isn't it amazing how time just flies?? I look at Camilla and just go, "wow, kiddo... you are growing way too fast!." Can I just say I love you blog?? I look foward to new entries all the time! Take care!
Hey Melanie, I feel so sorry for all of you moving this summer. It feels like this is the first summer I'm not moving. Well, I was going to pick your brain again on cameras and Tennessee. I am trying to decide betweem a Nikon D300 or a Canon 50D...So what is your opinion on the nikon vs canon debate? And, do you know anything about Knoxville? The 2 offices are in Knoxville and in Bristol. From what I can tell Bristol is tiny. Any insight? There is an offer on the table, but we just have to decide if we want to live there. I just have no idea what its like. I'm glad your blogging again! I love watching your photography come along!
How is TN treating you guys? I just saw an advertisement on Tennessee. It looks beautiful. I'm sure your glad to be close to family that is always nice. Glad to hear your sis is doing well. I hope you get thru all your boxes and feel more settled soon:) You need to get your little Aubrey in a gymnastics class if she is already doing sommersaults.
Post a Comment