I wanted framed silhouettes to go above the crib. I toyed with images of babies, children playing, etc, but went with ballet dancers. What could be more girly right? I used 2 frames I already had and bought one more cheap one at Goodwill, painted them with craft paint, sanded them, sprayed a coating of clear sealant, and that was that for the frames. The images I found for free on the internet, then I cleaned them up a bit in photoshop and turned them pink, printed on cardstock from my home printer, and that was it!


And here's my checklist for things to make for the rest of her room....
1) Crib bumper
2) Crib Skirt
3) Crib Sheets (I plan to make the bumper, skirt, and sheets out of these fabrics.)



4) Photo board using what's leftover from above fabric
5) Decorated letters of baby's name
6) quilt
7) cute fabric liners for wicker baskets that I'll use for diapers, wipes, burp clothes, etc
8) Gerber daisy balls to hang from the ceiling
9) Doily banner
10) Pink antiqued frame with Audrey Hepburn's "I Believe in Pink" quote
11) Gads of flannel blankets
I guess this has ended up being 12 projects in all, oops! This list got ridiculous.
Then it's on to Aubrey's room. I haven't thought it out as thoroughly as the nursery, but it's going to be more bold primary colors, and involve some painted birdhouses, bold painted furniture, bright pillows with fabric flower accents, stuffed animals (like the heather bailey turtle below and an elephant, I'm digging elephants right now)....and that's about as far as I've gotten!

I'm doing a craft fair in 3 weeks, so all of the above will have to wait until I'm done with making stuff for that, but hopefully soon after I will be posting some completed nursery room projects!
14 comments:
How fun! You're so creative. Very cute ideas. I just finished working on the layout for our baby's nursery. Like you, the rest of our house is pretty undecorated, too...I think it's just part of nesting! Sounds like you have a lot of work to do, but it sounds like the fun kind. Can't wait to see the baby's room when it's done!
love the fabrics! amy butler? the frames look amazing. go you!
Great minds must think alike. I just finished the girls french provincial dressers in the same color as those frames. And I am almost done with their quilts out of the heather bailey pop garden fabrics. They are so so cute! Can't wait to see what you come up with...I just might have to steal some of your ideas :)
Wow, Mel! I can't wait to see the finished product! Hopefully in person some time. :) Those frames are SO CUTE!! Were they already those colors?
WOW! You are ambitious! I have no doubt you'll get it all acomplished and it'll look so fab. Love the frames and silouettes and fabric choices.
I'm so impressed. It takes weeks for me to come up with an idea for the boys' room and then I usually hate it by the end of the day. I could use your artistic brain! :) I'm also planning on doing some of the same things, we'll see how it goes.
that nursery is going to be absolutely adorable! great ideas and i love the fabric. can't wait to see the finished project and the little one that goes in it!
wow melanie you are amazing! i love those frames! i cant wait to see the nursery all done :)
You are so awesome! I love reading your blog. I am so happy for you and your new little one on the way. You are an inspiration to me with all your projects. I need to redo Abby's room considering we just moved and need to start all over. I may have to steal some of your amazing ideas or bounce some off of you.
Again you are amazing! Love ya
I love the frames! I had to laugh when I read your list of nursery projects since I just barely finished my last of a similar list of projects! Let me know if you need any tutorials for any of them, I saved most of the links I used :)
I seriously wish I was so much more like you. :) I love those frames. I love all of it! :) Great job. You make me tired.
the frames the pics look really cute. I love those colors together. I, too, can't wait to see the finished products. That is the difference between you and I. I make lists too, but you actually complete yours.
Can't wait to see the finished product. You MUST be nesting. I wish I had your ability to think it through.
Post a Comment