Thursday, October 8, 2009

Grown up pictures

This is an extremely rare photo you are seeing - one of Zach and I together! Rarely do we get a picture taken of us together and even more rarely is it one that I would post. Usually one, or both of us, are looking too grubby in our pictures to even think about letting anyone else see. A few weeks ago, Zach and I and my parents went to a wedding of a dear friend of mine. And that is how the rare coinciding of us both being dressed up and having a camera with us happened. So here we are, we do exist!

I decided that my parents are also in need of more impromptu pictures of just them. They were spruced up for the wedding as well so I got one of them on the way to the reception. I think the lack of couple pictures is true of any married couple who has kids. We're so busy documenting the kids' lives that we don't bother to take pictures of ourselves. I couldn't resist allowing one picture including my favorite not quite grown up subject. It was taken on the same trip, so I justify it's relation to this post that way. Aubrey loves Lindsey SO much, and I think it shows here. I'm glad I had a camera on me here as well to catch this special moment between two people that are so important in my life. So the moral of the post is - Don't forget to take pictures of yourself too! And of your significant other. And keep a little camera on you as much as possible to get those unexpected special moments. And....on a less mushy but completely serious note, BACK UP YOUR PICTURES!!!

7 comments:

JoDell said...

Those are some great pictures--I love the one of you and Zach. You're gorgeous. And that red wall behind your parents is great! Douglas and I have the same problem, too. We hardly have any pictures of the two of us...and the ones we do take usually turn out bad! Thanks for the reminder. That pic. of Lindsay and Aubrey is precious.

Amy said...

you guys look great. hope you are well :)

Stefanie said...

That is nice you have a good pic. of you and Zach now. I don't even notice that Kev and I don't have any pics. together until I'm looking for one for an anniversary post or something.

lindsey gruwell said...

Love all the pictures! Yes, those are some good ones to post...everyone has eyes open, nice smile, and lookin good! Oh that aubrey, just love her! I'm glad I finally have pictures with her, since we had 0 together until this summer. When you have taylor, me and aubs will have a ton of time together!
Mom wants me to tell you that you take great pictures. She's very impressed with these and the chattanooga ones. She's ordering copies of them today.

Melissa Hodgen said...

See, you did look beautiful that day. Did you keep the dress? LOVE the new lense. The blades of grass looks so sharp. Who thought of boogie boarding in the backyard?

Brooklet said...

It is rare to get a couples pictures! You both look great! the pic of lindsay and aubrey is beautiful!

noelle said...

so pretty. you, los padres, la bebe and tu hermana. todos son bonitos! everyone is beautiful! you make a pretty preggo.