I've been sewing A LOT lately. Zach has been very patient as our house has been covered in thread and fabric scraps 24/7. I'm doing my first (maybe last?) craft fair next weekend and I wanted to make a smaller bag to sell in addition to the bigger birdie sling bag. My original plan was to make 4 smaller ones for the fair, but then I wanted to keep one for myself, and they've turned out to be a little more tedious to make then I wanted, so so far I've made all of 2. I'm keeping the floral one for myself! I think I deserve to hang onto one!The bag is reversible, which is fun, but my favorite part of these bags are the flowers. They're sewn onto a safety pin, so you can switch them side to side. But let me tell you about making the flower, as I said, this bag is super tedious. You cut 24 pieces of fabric which you sew into 12 petals which you then sew into 2 flowers of 6 petals each which you then sew together and then sew decorative felt and a button on the front, then you sew a sew on safety pin to another piece of felt and then sew that to the back of the flower. And you haven't even started on the actual bag yet! Phew!
Me, all dressed up to go to....Dairy Queen. I wanted to go out, but we couldn't think of anywhere fun, cheap, good for Aubrey, etc, so we ended up at the drive through at Dairy Queen. I should have stayed in sweat pants, oh well. I got some photos of the bags, so it was worth it.
23 comments:
cute picture of you!! and cute bag too. I could never have that kind of patience.
That bag is great! It's so cute--the flower is my favorite part, too. Good-luck at the craft fair. Sounds like fun. And, cute pictures! You're beautiful.
Darling! What a talented gal you are!
Hey! I LOVE these! What pattern is it? I really love the flowers, tedious but worth it! And you look so cute pregnant.
Super cute! Good for you for going for it even after seeing all the labor involved. That's where I would stop. And would you get fat already? Thanks.
So cute!! I love the flower! I hope your craft fair goes well.
I love the bags! And I love the material you picked out! I'm not very good at finding cute fabrics that look good together. So props to you. Oh, and I think I am just as big as you and you are way ahead of me! No fair!
Good luck at your craft fair. You look amazing pregnant. You know those pregnant ladies the rest of us just stare at as they walk by, because they look so darn cute??? You should own that badge with pride!
MaRea
Oh my freaking heck! I LOVE those. I am so sad that I don't live near you anymore to soak up your talent and creativity. You look adorable too! Very good job and good luck at the fair, you will kill it!
I love the bags, they look so cute. I like that they are reversible, too. Good luck at the craft fair- it sounds like it will be lots of fun. Remember just a few years ago you didn't even own a sewing machine, and now you are off to a craft fair. Good luck!
Love the jacket, love the necklace, and love the belly.
That is such a cute picture of you! The bag turned out so cute. I think the flower is the perfect touch.
Super cute bag! But, I can see how it would be tedious. The flower does make it more fun. Good luck at your craft fair!
cute bags! I love theM:) And we love dairy queen too. Its our fav place to get ice cream!
I cannot believe you Mel. When I first opened your blog I saw the photo and thought to myself "Don't tell me she made that." Not only are you an amazing photographer, but now you are an amazing seamstress too. You are one talented girl. I want to be like Melanie when I grow up.
seriously way cute! i love craft shows. have fun and good luck!
They look GREAT!! I Love them! Way to go. I am going to have to buy one from you or better yet I should learn to make one myself. :)
I love it!! It's gonna be the next big thing--only I don't want to cut out 24 pieces of fabric just to make a flower... maybe I'll just buy one from you. :)
All right woman, is there ANYTHING you can't do??? You sew like a pro, you are a great photographer, and you look amazing preggo! Good for you! I love the bag... You are just soo good at making these! And I must say you're an inspiration to me since now I have started my own list of nursery projects :) Thanks!
I mostly think you look fabulous!!!! Love the bag too. :) Good thing you did buy that necklace. I can see how it is for sure a must!!! :)
wow mel i'm always impressed! i love this bag! way to go :) good luck at the craft fair! :)
What a cute picture of you! And love the bag. Good luck at the craft fair.
Whoever took that picture is a master of the camera. And such a photogenic subject, oh my. If I had to guess, I'd say that the photographer was about 6'3" and wore a size 13 shoe?????
hot mama! and super cute bag!
Post a Comment