Monday, November 9, 2009

Aubrey's little photo shoot


A friend of mine here has a daughter just a bit older then Aubrey and is a great photographer, so we've been meaning to take our girls out for a while and have a little photo shoot. Most of you know Aubrey, so you know she's not the easiest subject for pictures. But she actually did better then I thought. She has yet to master posing, or smiling, or looking at the camera, or staying still, but she did do a good job of staying in one spot (but not actually staying still within that spot) and she let go of her blanket for the pictures, two big steps I must say!

And thank goodness for photoshop, her nose was a runny mess, but I don't think you would know looking at these photographs. I know I'm posting an overload, but she's my baby, I couldn't just pick 2 or 3. So buckle up.....
I think she's thinking here about how much fun she's having taking pictures with mom. :)
I LOVE this picture! With her crazy hair, it's so Aubrey.


And what could be cuter then pictures of Aubrey? Pictures of 2 cute girls! Except Aubrey needs a little coaching here on posing. We told the girls to hug, but Aubrey looks so forlorn, I'm not sure why she kept her eyes closed. In the second picture, we told the girls to hug again, but Aubs decided to give her friend a kiss. Cute right? Except Aubrey's face was quite snotty, her poor friend! To check out some more pictures of these cuties together, go to my friend Kara's photo blog here. She got some great ones!

15 comments:

The Dorny Family said...

Aubrey is getting so big--she's always been beautiful--I guess it's about time she become a big sister!

noelle said...

she is so beautiful, mel. i'm so glad you and zach are having more.

Linda said...

Beautiful pictures! I love Aub's expressions. Can't wait to see what her little sis looks like.

Maycock Family said...

TOO CUTE!! I can't believe how big she is... When I see pics of her it reminds me of when Zach was little... don't know maybe its the cheeks?!

NJ said...

Those are really cute pictures Melanie! I think the one where it looks like Aubrey is getting off the teal chair is my favorite. It looks like the very beginnings of a smile on her face - like she's about to go do something really fun.

Melissa Hodgen said...

Love the sweater. My favs are the blue chair pics. She's looking more and more like you all the time. Can't wait for our fam pics but I can't promise that the kids will be better subjects. I'm in love with you Waycray's shoot, so I'm thinking there!

Libby said...

love them! the last 2 are my favorite i think. there is nothing more precious than 2 little girlfriends! aubs is adorable as usual!

Jana said...

So cute. I seriously can't get over how big Aubrey is. It makes me sad our little girls aren't getting to grow up together. Play dates would be so fun right now with all of them. And I love her gold shoes. Where did you get those?

Trisa said...

she is such a cutie & you are very talented! i need your talents for my family!

Amy said...

These are SO good Melanie! All the pics I've been seeing lately are of her "in motion". You have some really great shots of her. Her little friend is cute too.

Kimberly said...

I like the colors in the photo's and I'm so impressed with little Aubrey she did well even with the wiggles.

JoDell said...

Very cute. She's getting so grown up!

Unknown said...

She is growing up! Your Halloween looked fun and Aubrey's shoot looks GREAT!

Lindsey said...

oh, how cute! She looks so calm in each picture. She'll love them when she's older and looks back at all her pictures. I loved going through my photo album. sweet girl!

Michele said...

It makes me sad that is she is growing up and we can't hug her or bribe her with skittles.