I finally finished the baby's crib set. It was a little bit of work to say the least. I was still okay with the whole project until I thought I was done and put it on the crib to realize a) you couldn't really see the crib skirt, and b) I would need to make and attach double the amount of ties to feel safe putting the bumper in. With Aubrey I was too afraid to use a bumper and of course the day I "finished" the bumper I got a copy in the mail of "Parents" magazine with an article about SIDS that said bumpers were a no-no. The additional ties brought me to a total of FORTY FEET of hand sewn ties. Forty....FEET....Only did then I start to wonder, was this really worth it? :) I think I might cry the first time the baby spits up on any part of it, and heaven forbid a blow out (shudder)!the dang ties

Piping....I think I only had to make 14 feet of this, thank goodness

Aubrey immediately set about disrespecting the bedding. After once resorting to extreme measures to keep her IN her crib (crib tent) now I don't want her near it and she won't stay out. Get a load of her skinny legs though! They are so cute.
1)Crib Bumper - done
2) Crib Skirt - done
3) Crib sheets - done - I made 2 sheets, had hopes of making 4, but I would rather just stick with 2 and do laundry more often!
4) Photo board using what's leftover from above fabric
5) Decorated letters of baby's name
6) cute fabric liners for wicker baskets that I'll use for diapers, wipes, burp clothes, etc
7) Gerber daisy balls to hang from the ceiling
8) Doily banner
9) Pink antiqued frame with Audrey Hepburn's "I Believe in Pink" quote
10) Gads of flannel blankets - I never defined "gads" so does 1 count?
11) quilt - forget this one, for real, forget it. I'll get one done by the baby's first birthday, that's my new timeline

25 comments:
TOTALLY worth it!!! It looks SO good. I wish I had the talent to do something like that. Is it talent if I hire someone to do it? I mean, it was ME who hired the person. And your list is also very ambitious. But knowing you, everything will be completed before the baby. You never cease to amaze me. And all the things on the list are too cute not to do. She needs that doily banner!!!!
Way cute stuff and you'll be able to see the skirt better when you lower the crib later. Your To Do list made me feel like a bad mom. I still haven't taken the Superman picture out of my daughter's room. Maybe next week.
I can't believe your list! The crib set turned out SO cute and SO you! I LOVE it! I am actually really sad that this girl will be in a pack and play until we decide to move. I was so excited about making a bedding set. Especially after seeing this post! Great job Mel! Can't wait to see the other projects! You still have 1 month!
All right girl...DO...TEACH...holy crap that turned out so freakin cute.....Pottery Barn worthy...even cuter in my opinion. I shouldnt be surprised knowing your skills, but dang that looks like professional.
I got my cell phone by the bed...We cant wait for that little one to get here!!!!!!
Melanie, you continue to amaze me. The days much be much longer in Tennessee because I could never accomplish the amount of things you get done. You are incredible. The bedding is so cute and looks totally professional.
First of all, I can't believe you only have a month left. Secondly, I'm so sorry you're having a harder time. It makes me hurt just thinking about it. And I LOVE the way it all turned out. It's perfect and since I didn't put the blood, sweat and tears into it, I think it was totally worth it. Would I do it for me? Probably not. I'm not as amazing.
OK your bedding is AMAZING!! I wish I could do that stuff, but instead I enlist my mom to do it. Sometimes I realize how lame I am after I see how cool you are!
super cute! I love it, and I am very impressed.
I think that it turned out Fantabulous! Looking forward to Doily Banner, but keep in mind that Taylor won't really care too much!
WOWWWW... Heavens girl! You are just amazing, that's all I can say. I had planned on making sheets, crib bumper, ruffle thing.... Yeah, and then my sister in law gave me this set that belonged to someone at some point... so there goes that, and I am glad! I did make a baby quilt, and will be making blankets and decorating the room (using some of your ideas, if that's ok:) BTW We're having a baby boy :) So it's all blue and cars now. Good luck! I can't believe you have the time to do this! I had time to work on hats and mittens for Camilla, and other crafts... only because Hunter was gone (the last two weeks)!! You never cease to amaze me Mel!
that's it. I'm hiring you to do my next set of bedding. yours looks 25 million times better than mine. really. 25 million. I love, love, love the colors, and I can't wait to see everything else, because knowing you every BIT of it will be finished!
Looks great!
absolutely adorable!! i love it all! i admire you. you will be bored after christmas and miserable and want things to occupy your mind so i am pretty sure you will get everything done...and i can NOT wait to see it all! oh and i still can't wait to see the lucky baby girl!
OH MY GOSH Melanie!!!!!!!! That was SO worth it. Do you know how freaking amazing that is??!!!! It looks so good I can hardly stand it. It's killing me not to live near you to soak up all your creativity and talent. 40 feet... piping... sheets...speechless. Way to go! Keep it up!
Wow! That is so awesome! I love home made things. They just feel so much more special than store bought. Was that a Labrynth quote you used on your to do list? I love Labrynth!!!
The crib is so cute! I can't believe all the amazing things you are able to sew and make. I was excited that I finished my nursing cover before this baby, so your list amazes me. I love all the girly, pink, things.
you need to change the link to our blog. i changed it. seanlys.blogspot.com
Wow, Melanie! It looks great. You should give yourself so much credit for even thinking about doing all of this stuff for your new baby. It makes the rest of us--well, me--look like a disinterested parent.
I LOVE IT!! Amazing. Taylor is going to be one luckly girl. So cute...way worth it. But yes, Taylor will not be in your good side the day she has a blow out...oh no. Aubs is funny. Nothing can stop her from jumping and bright colors only adds to the excitment. I'll attempt to help you when I get there, so we can check, check, check the list.
was it worth it?!? dadgum, girl. YES! i can't even begin to fathom starting such a project. you are blessed with many talents, friend. many talents.
I got to see a lot of this in person and I thought it was so dang cute! You are so talented!
Wow Melanie there are always sooo many comments on your blog. You are a popular girl! I was watching Julie and Julia last night and it made me think your blog is getting almost as popular! :) if you haven't seen that movie that won't make any sense. Anyways, cute cute crib, I love it. Also thanks so so much for your letter. That was awesome of you to take the time to write and send it! it made my day! When are you due?
Well I DEFINITELY think it was worth it! But I didn't have to do all the work. It looks SO SO SO SO great. And they are so freakin expensive in the store! I really wish I had your crafting skills. I love that you can create all this stuff.
I'm glad you've found me! I've been stalking you for a while now. The bedding looks awesome... Hang in there, you're on the count down!!!
Seriously so cute! You definitely need to finish the other projects bc I don't know what half of them are and I'm dying to see (read- steal) them!! Good Job Mel!!
Post a Comment