7:30 am - get to the hospital, am monitored for a while, find out I'm dilated to a 4, 70% effaced and having contractions every 5 minutes, which made me feel better about the whole induction thing. My baby was coming soon one way or the other!
9:00 am - started on pitocin
9:20 am - my water broke on it's own
10:15 am - got my epidural
11:20 am - started hurting on my right side, A LOT!
11:55 am - I've had it with the pain, asked my nurse if something can be done with my epidural, I got it for a reason! She checked me and told me to start pushing instead. I was very skeptical about this because there was no one else in the room and none of the equipment was out. I mentioned this and she says it's just to get things moving. Had she been around for my first quick delivery, I think she would have known this wasn't a good idea! So a gave a couple very half-hearted pushes and my nurse quickly told me to stop and ran and got the doctor (as I had expected)
12:00 pm - my doctor came in
12:08 pm - our baby was born!
12:10 pm - I got to hold her, the end! or the beginning :)
I do recognize and FULLY appreciate that I am very lucky with my labor and deliveries. I still can't believe how well everything went. Our baby was a solid 8 pounds even. I had been really nervous about what her birth weight would be. If it was below 7 pounds, I would have felt horrible for having her early. But 8 pounds? No guilt there! That girl was ready.
I was much more emotional after having her then I was with A. When A was born, I was mostly in shock and scared, I mean, I was a PARENT now! I had no idea what to expect or if I could handle it. I think with T, I wasn't so scared about raising another baby, so I could enjoy the moment more. I also worried if T would be healthy more then I did with my first pregnancy, because of the sleeping pills I had been taking during this pregnancy. So when she came out and was breathing and crying and looked perfect, I just blubbered. It was a really special moment for Zach, me, and our new baby.I am madly in love with this little girl. Miss A, bless her heart, was not so easy the first 6 months. There was basically nothing you could do to calm her down. So I haven't been a big fan of newborns. When I hear them cry it brings back all the emotions and memories of hours of her crying. But little T? Has hardly made a peep! We are still in shock over how good she is. It's crazy how much easier these first 2 (almost 3) weeks have been. She is so so sweet, I love holding her and staring at her for hours. And now I get it! I get how people like newborns! Not that I didn't love A with all my heart, I just wouldn't choose to repeat that stage with her. I would love to keep Baby T like this for a long time. I am thrilled to have these 2 little children in my life. They both make me so happy and I feel so very grateful and blessed.
(and since I'm coming clean in this post, another confession, I edited my neck rolls out in this picture. The double chin I left, I can accept that. But not several neck rolls. When I saw this picture, I asked Zach "I have neck rolls!? Those rolls are new right? They haven't been there for a while have they?" He looked away and changed the subject....)
I am also so grateful to not be pregnant anymore!!!! Right after T was born, I just started taking huge deep breaths, enjoying the sensation of being able to take those huge deep breaths and not feeling winded and oxygen deprived! Oh it's a beautiful thing. I hesitate to post these pictures, because they are not very flattering, but I like the before and after. The first one was taken right before I left for the hospital to have T, I wasn't trying to, but I think I look pretty scared (I was!). And then the 2nd picture, same outfit, but what a difference 24 hours makes! I have my baby right where I want her, on the outside!
31 comments:
I HATE that you look so good leaving the hospital. And I love that you thought you had neck rolls. Mopstly because I seriously do, but in the back of my neck. Is that even possible?? I am here to tell you it is. I look like the hunch back. Enough about me. . . I loved the story. Way to go on another beautiful baby girl. And Miss A looks SO darling. All grown up. I miss all our girls. (Ellie being able to eat them all).
I am so happy to hear that there are at least a few not so bad delivery stories! It's good to hear the positive ones... it lessens my fear just a little. :) Your baby is so dang cute. I am glad she is so good! You deserve a break!
My best baby was the on that weighed the most! Hope the big sister is doing ok with the new baby!
YEA!!! You look great. Good work getting her out in no time at all. You're a pro. I happen to still not understand why people like newborns. I MUCH prefer my children sleeping through the night. I don't miss the new baby phase one bit.
Same experience with my two kids. The second seemed way easier, and less fussy...and after 5 months I still notice the difference.
Curse you Gruwells!!! How is it that you and your sisters look so good in pictures even in the hospital? You really do look so amazing and happy. I'm glad you had an easy L and D. Can't wait to meet little T!!!
We are made for birthin' babies, aren't we?
You've always gotta one up me don't ya...we'll next baby I'll have in 2 hours, start to finish...booya!
Totally agree though...I was in shock post pardum with Shannon. Adam, just enjoyed the moment.
You'll be happy to know that based on your pre and post baby pics that you are experiencing a fluid shift. It happend to me and was no bueno.
Can't wait to meet little T.
You look awesome- even pregnant! I hate you!
Melanie, I am so happy for you. I do love newborns, so I'm glad you do now too :) Isn't is funny how different your kids can be from each other? Mine are not night and day or anything but there are definitely differences and it keeps me on my toes! Your little girl is beautiful and I love the part about how you got emotional after you held her the first time...I always do too, it's my favorite part actually :)
I'm so glad your L & D ended being such a great experience! Miss T is absolutely beautiful and you look amazing! I'm seriously going to have to go into hiding after this one for at least a couple of weeks/months! :) congrats again!!!
I was so excited to read your labor story...but now I wish I hadn't, cause I hate you a little now. And then I saw your after picture and I'm not that skinny yet, and Ollie is 2. So, yay for you, and I'm going to go get on the treadmill now. :) But really....congrats, she is adorable and I'm so glad she was good. Our first was good, and our second hard, which is just kind of a mean trick. I would have rather had it your way.
I love how your pictures are perfect! She looks beautiful and you do to for that matter! I love that it went fast. Reagan's delivery sounds about that same as hers. I love the short deliveries they are the best. Glad everything is going well!
Whatever melanie, you are so cute, not a lazy slob. And hello, look how fast and easy you deliver babies that must mean you are in really good shape! How is it that we are always having babies at completely opposite times? So on my next one...if there ever will be a next one, you can laugh at how ridiculous I look with my rolls everywhere including my neck, (which you look completely cute and tiny even when pregnant and it is no fair) and I will be a swollen puffy girl. Not looking forward to that, and you will be out on your mountain bike and I will be crying. This is hitting close to home because I will be needing to think about this soon if I want another one...SHE IS sooooo cute. Jed was even oohing and aahing. How fun for you!
thank you for sharing- i too love l&d stories! i especially love them since mine is right around the corner! i am seriously convinced that having this baby is going to be way easier than being pregnant so i am glad to hear i might just be right! you look wonderful and i am so glad things have been going so well- you deserve it! you girls are adorable. how is a liking having a sister around?
oh and i can't believe she was 8lbs!!
You look way too good in all those pictures. That is SO not fair!! I love hearing L and D stories too and I am beyond thrilled at how well yours turned out. Love that picture of all 3 girls, Miss A is getting so big and all grown up. I'm a sucker for daddy and baby pictures too. Way to go guys and give Miss T lots of extra kisses and squeezes for me.
Thanks for sharing the story... I've been dying to know! First off, you look great! Neck rolls?? Double chin?? Yeah, I know all about it. One of my YW told me the other day "You're getting big" and I'm thinking "It's only going to get ugly from now on!" Love little baby T. She's so precious. And A.. she's such a cutie. I'm glad miss T is more meallow (sp) than miss A. I hope my little boy is a bit more calm than my little monkey girl. But we'll see. Take care, and enjoy your babies... they are so beatiful!
You look so good! And your baby is beautiful. I can't wait for the day to not be pregnant. I am jealous of you that is for sure! Good luck.
Yay for a fast and easy delivery, and an even BIGGER YAY for a good newborn. Awesome news! I love the before and after picture, to see the baby in your belly, and then laying on your shoulder (in the way that only newborns can do). Love it!
Oh, I'm so happy! Happy that you have the skill to edit out less than desirable features - my solution will be to post no pictures of face for a least three more months. And so incredibly happy that she's such an angel. It really is good having the hardest one first, then the rest feels like cake. Give those girls a squeeze from me!
You look great! And I'm glad T is such a good baby, and it was such a fast delivery. I think that would be the ideal L and D. Enjoy your time with those two beautiful girlies!
Glad everything went well! She is such a beautiful baby! You look great! Congratulations again!
I couldn't pass up the opportunity to read a labor and delivery story. I love them, too. Your before and after pictures BOTH look great, but I, too, love the way I feel after I finally deliver and can breathe again. Eight pounds is good sized. Way to go, Melanie. I hope big sis is handling things OK.
AWESOME!!!! she is gorgeous and you must be a proud mama.
I'm totally with Jana on this. Who leaves the hospital looking like that? Certainly not me!!! Anyway, I love reading happy L and D stories. I'm glad you had an easy time and I'm even happier that little T is such an angel. I'm dying to meet her!!!
Thats what I like to hear. good labor and delivery stories! I am glad everything went well. . and quick! You do look so great 24 hours after having your baby! I am sad I am not around to hold baby T and see how A acts as a big sister. Hopefully we see you this summer though!
you are too cute! you know that?
I'm glad it all went smoothly and you look great! However I am a tad jealus on the whole easy labor delivery part. You already know my previous L & D story:) I have a confession to make as well. I am opting to get this next baby delivered a week early and as much as I hate the idea of a c-section it may have to be done depending on how big he measures at 37 weeks. My doctor says he's measuring big and has ordered another ultrasound to see just how big. In your before pic you are as big as me at my current 30 weeks of pregnancy. Now I'm scared:) Anyways, you have a beautiful new daughter and it's so nice to have a calm new born.
I love the story! I am so happy that everything went so well and that she is here all safe and sound. I can't believe how big Miss A is. She is still darling.
By the way it is so unfair how amazing you look! I still have not lost weight from my first. You are Beautilful!! Love you much!
Oh yes, I have a Cannon T1i. I am overwhelmed with the whole picture taking thing. I may need to call you for some tips but not for a little while until the newest mommy gets her sleep back a bit. :)
Good to know that the gruwell short L&D continues to live on. Please pass this onto me! Agreed,you look great. Can't wait to come back and see if T has changed from week 1. Oh, and I'll take A of your hand for a day or so, then I have to share her with her other grandparents. See ya next week!
CONGRATS, CONGRATS!!!!look at all that hair, wow. We're happy for you guys!
Post a Comment