Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Learning to swim

Zach and I and the girls went down to Florida for a few days over his spring break. I was a little curious what a trip of just our family would be like, I was pretty sure we'd be bored of each other a couple days into it :). But it was a really nice relaxing time to spend with just each other. I don't see Zach as much as I'd like with his residency, so I think it was a much needed vacation! But when is a vacation not much needed? I could come up with reasons any day of the week why I "need"/"deserve" a vacation! Anyways...

First of all, don't be fooled by these pictures. It was NOT pool weather. It was actually very much freezing, pants and hoodie weather (which is what I was wearing while taking these pictures). But Miss A was determined to play in the "blue water" and Zach was a good enough dad to take her not once, but twice. Why are kids immune to cold? Zach and I are far better insulated if you know what I mean, then skinny minnie Miss A, it just doesn't make sense!

Would you look at that face! Pure Joy! And I know the lady in the background is dressed like it's a nice warm day, but I assure you, it was not.

And what I wouldn't give to have the leg definition of my 2 year old!
See, she can be sweet! Despite the video I posted of her (which was on the way home from Florida and she was sick to give her a little credit). Now that I have the pool pictures up, I'll have the beach ones coming next!

9 comments:

Stefanie said...

I would totally send Kev in the pool so Ry could swim, but I would refuse to get in myself.

Meredith said...

I totally agree...Aubrey needs to share her secret to those well-defined calves!

Lindsay Blain said...

LOVE these pictures! haha. She cracks me up & I totally went back & checked out that video of her going bazerk (sp? haha) & she is goin' crazy! haha. You poor thing. I don't know if you'd say it was worth these pictures, but they look incredible! You're SO good Melanie! :)

Melissa Hodgen said...

She's a touch fearless champ.

Can't wait to see her rip it up in Rosemary
Happy Easter...guess what we are having for Easter dinner? Pizza. But the Easter Bunny will come so it's not a totally alternative holiday.

Brooklet said...

You totally have the calf definition of your two year old.

Aubrey looks like she is in pure heaven. I don't think kids feel cold. Morgan would run around naked in our house while i was bundled up in sweaters this winter. i just don't get it.

kdalpias said...

So Cute! It looks like you had a lot of fun! We can't wait to see you guys and finally meet baby T.

Hannah Ashmore said...

so cute.

Atherly Family said...

So glad you were able to have a get-a-way with just the 4 of you. So many of our visits are centered around family that it is nice to do things with your own family. Love A's suit, I could have guessed it was from Janie and Jack :).

Maria said...

Melanie, what an adorable little girl you have!! I hope you don't mind, I found your blog off Autumn's page. If you send me your address at mariasilvenis@gmail.com I will send you an invite to my blog. I would love to keep in touch! :)