Friday, March 26, 2010

What mommas do for fun part TWO

We attend/plan/host baby showers! Five years ago I attended my first baby shower. I had no idea what to give or where to shop for baby things. And I gave the worst present, some funky insulated bottle thing that now that I am a mom and more familiar with mom gear, I have never ever seen any one use something like that. So anyways, I'm still a bit embarrassed that I gave that as a gift, but the mom world was very confusing and mysterious to me! So I did my best. Little did I know that in the young student family circles that I tend to run in, that shower was the first of MANY to come. Which is great. It's a fun time to get together and socialize, I love watching people open presents, it's great to have a special day for the pregnant mommy, there's lots of good food to eat, and coming up with simple (but cheap!) decor is a good challenge! Here are some pics from a recent shower I helped with. The guest of honor (Jeanette) is one of the cutest pregnant people I've ever seen, but I figured still she might be mad at me if I posted a picture of her without permission! So I'll play it safe with just some food and decor photos!
There really was other food there that wasn't chocolate themed, but apparently I didn't care to take pictures of it! I love chocolate a little too much...we went with Pink and Brown for colors obviously. Don't ask me how much I ate :)

9 comments:

lindsey gruwell said...

Seriously, why did you get all the genes for talent in decorating/making things look super cute?! Jealous. I guess I'll just have to hire you to decorate my house and plan my parties. Oh, and I'm craving brownies right..pictures make me drool.

Pitcherpost said...

oh my friend angel did the decorating! not me, I contributed oreo truffles and cupcakes.

La Familia Young said...

How fun! I love baby showers, just one more "girl time" moment. And the food... oh the food... my pregnant tummy is really wanting those strawberries right now!

Michele said...

People just ask me to bring food...but that is fine with me. I don't do themes per say but I do love it when I see it and someone else has done all the work.

Jana said...

Yum. I miss your showers. Why do you think I kept getting pregnant? And fun girls trip. But I am jealous. Just so we're clear.

JoDell said...

I love baby showers, too! It's especially fun when your the one who is pregnant and all the other moms start reminicising about their pregnancy and labor experiences. Wether it's the first or the third, hearing those stories has always made me wonder if I'm really doing the right thing. :) And, thanks for the sharing the pictures. Maybe instead of eating chocolate tomorrow night, I can just come stare at your blog. Yum!

Heather said...

I am so jealous of you and your fun friends! You girls really know how to make a fun thing happen. I need a girls weekend!!! That is so great you have stayed in touch with all those fun girls you met!

Amy said...

I think I need to work on my jealousy issues. It's a serious problem.

Very cute stuff/theme. Fun girls trip... again with the jealousy.

Amy said...

I think I need to work on my jealousy issues. It's a serious problem.

Very cute stuff/theme. Fun girls trip... again with the jealousy.