Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Failed again :)

Once again we failed to be fun parents in the celebrating a holiday department, this time the holiday being Easter. We did take Miss A to a local Easter carnival, but forgot to bring her Easter basket (well, she doesn't actually have an Easter basket....shhh...). One of the carnival volunteers let us use a grocery sack for the egg hunt so we were okay. And then that lazy bunny didn't have a surprise basket ready for her Sunday morning either. But I did throw some eggs around the backyard on Monday and we had a little hunt. And got some pictures in the process.

I also failed in the taming my daughter's hair department. I don't foresee success in this area any time soon.

Aren't you jealous of this gorgeous warm sun? Well, just wait until July when it's disgustingly hot and stifling humid here.....



8 comments:

Heather B said...

Your Easter sounds a LOT like ours! No Easter baskets, nothing from the Easter bunny except a few plastic eggs filled with candy in the front yard. And guess what, they weren't very excited about the little hunt at all. So I am patting myself on the back for not doing too much...maybe next year it will be more fun. Let's call it a SUCCESSFUL Easter, since it was very low-stress/low-maintenance, right? Right.

Lindsay Blain said...

Hahaha. These pictures are SO cute! You are an incredible photographer! :) And I believe having a newborn is a great reason to let some things slide this Easter. haha. She's so young, she probably didn't even notice that it was suppose to come on Sunday instead of Monday. She probably loved every minute of hunting for those eggs. And I LOVE that hair. haha. Beautiful Sunshine! :)

Stefanie said...

We used a grocery sack too, nothing wrong with that! Ry doesn't have a lot of hair to tame, but I never do it. If you ask her what's on top of her head she'll tell you a "rat's nest". Cute pics.

Meredith said...

You are not giving yourself enough credit for: 1)even knowing that Easter carnivals exist and 2) taking your child to one. I did not take my kids to any such carnivals, did not have an Easter egg hunt (I filled the eggs but never did it, other than the playgroup one), and since it was General Conference, there was no coordinating Easter attire for the family either. So you get more points than me!

The Karrens said...

I bought Easter basket stuff at 11 pm the night before Easter at CVS...good thing the girls like lip gloss. Your pics make up for anything...that's all they remember...

Megan and Charlie Miller said...

I love the pictures!! You are so talented! I am going to call you for some advice. I hope your number is still the same.

Brooklet said...

Look at the bright side, you can fit way more easter eggsin a gorcery bag.

Your pictures are so beautiful- I love all that sun!

Elise said...

Dave and I share in your holiday laziness. For Easter we dragged Oakley around D.C., didn't dress her up, take pictures or have any egg hunts. And her 1st Birthday is just around the corner and I have nothing planned (Gasp!). Its all about setting low expectations, otherwise you'll be buying cars for your kids 16th birthdays.