This one!

Pretty much she is the cutest, right? This was really the first time EVER that I have pictures of her smiling and looking at the camera. She hates having her picture taken and usually yells, "I CAN'T WANT MY PICTURE TAKEN!!!" any time she sees my camera. Most of my photos of her she is sporting a very somber expression - Zach compares my little photo sessions with Miss A to child torture. So what was the big secret to success this time? I told her in a really serious meanest mom ever voice "Do NOT smile! Stop it! No smiling. Stop looking at me!" And BAM, just like that, beautiful smiles and eye contact.








Some photos from my previous attempt to get some cute clover pictures of her. This did not go so well and I gave her the boot and sent her to pick flowers after a couple minutes. But I had brought along a friend's daughter because I knew I couldn't count on Miss A to be a good little model. Miss J's pics are over here.


15 comments:
She is so adorable! Love all the pics.
Love these and LOVE HER! I think the story of how you finally got her to smile is hilarious.
Wow, they are awesome pictures. She is such a pretty girl. and you might have discovered a new parenting tactic. Just tell her what you don't want her to do.
Success! They are so great! yay! I love the contrast of her denim dress with the green.
The pictures are fantastic!! Like you said, that first one is pretty perfect. Adorable!
She IS beautiful! And, I love the old reverse psychology trick! It still works with Sarah!
So beautiful. I love her little photo shoot.
Great job! You are becoming more and more talented in this area! One day she will love that you took pictures of her, and can show her kids. Keep up the good work.
So dang cute! I love the first one, but I also love the one of her covering her mouth. Well at least you know how to get her to do what you want to now. Better to figure it out now than the teen years :)
Wow! You got some good ones! She's such a cute girl. That's really funny about how you got her to smile. I should try that one sometime.
They're beautiful, and she's beautiful-her hair looks like it's getting darker. How is the heat down there? Has it become too hot yet?
AHHHHH!!! She is too beautiful! I miss that girl too much. You too! :) Your pics are so awesome!! Will you take some of my kids this summer while you are in Utah? For reals for reals!!!!!
I love it when magic happens, don't you!? Owen won't even look at the camera let alone smile so I can understand how you feel... especially for a skilled photographer like yourself.
I love the ALL!! You are a great photographer and Aubs is an adorable subject! Miss her cute face!
Can't beat the power of reverse psychology:) All the pictures turned out lovely and it helps that your daughter is beautiful!
Post a Comment