ZACH
This month was his birthday. Not just any birthday, the big 30. Have I mentioned how lame we are at celebrating holidays and birthdays? But since it was his 30th, I tried to celebrate this one as the big 30 should be celebrated. First of all, I got him a present. A present that was actually wrapped and presented to him on his actual birthday, not a week or so later. And secondly, I made him cupcakes. But not just my usual cake mix and can of frosting cupcakes. I made completely from scratch salted caramel cupcakes. Because somehow I had concluded in my head that spending several frazzled hours in the kitchen baking (that he wasn't even around to witness) showed my love far better then presenting him with equally as tasty quick cupcakes from a mix?
I will admit though, the tops of the cupcakes were AMAZING. So we just ate the tops off all of them. And threw the dry bottoms away.

MELANIE
I will admit though, the tops of the cupcakes were AMAZING. So we just ate the tops off all of them. And threw the dry bottoms away.
MELANIE
I have managed to lose only 5 pounds since having my baby. Five pounds over FOUR months. So my update will be sans any actual pictures of me. On a positive note, I finally got tired of feeling bone-numbing exhausted by 5 pm everyday and starting consistently taking an iron supplement like I've been told more then several times to do by various doctors. And you know what, I have SOOO much more energy! I can't believe it took me so long to do something so simple and I only have myself to blame. So ladies, take those vitamins!
I miss sewing and crafting. I've pretty much decided that Miss A will have to be in preschool before I get any big projects done again. But I have done little things for the many many babies born here! There's only 2 women at church having babies in June and that is an extremely slow month! Some things I've made for showers this past month....




She's starting to occasionally sleep through the night. I'm sure she would sleep more consistently at night if I kept her days more consistent, but it's hard! I really am trying to move toward a more scheduled planned life in general, but it's so not my nature. In fact it's so opposite my nature in every way. But I know it'll be better for the kids. More on that later!
Again, she's so beautiful to me. She's started to giggle and it's the sweetest sound. She is still happy and easy going. She makes me excited for a third! In fact, if I didn't have to be pregnant to get that third one, I'd be ready for the next right now. But that whole pregnancy thing....
Hanging out on dad's shoulder.
MISS A
This past month has mostly been all about her. But isn't every day all about her? You don't know how many times strangers have said to me, "You can see who runs the show!" Is it that obvious?! We hit a really rough patch with her behavior a month or so ago, which is why I'm really wanting to move towards a more scheduled life, I think it'll help her. But keeping her busy with activities also helps her, at least to wear her out some!
Soccer. I've been dreaming of her first soccer game since she was born. I want to be a soccer mom. No, I WILL be a soccer mom. It's non-negotiable. I know these pictures make her look like a good participant, but I think pretty much this is as much as she's touched the ball all season. Oh well. She's not even 3 yet and the only one on the field in diapers I might add. We have time still. Notice in the bottom picture there is no goal or field lines or cones of any sort. She finally got her feet on the ball and took off! And kept going and going and going forrest gump-like. Which is why that ref is chasing her. She was no where near the field at that point.
Soccer. I've been dreaming of her first soccer game since she was born. I want to be a soccer mom. No, I WILL be a soccer mom. It's non-negotiable. I know these pictures make her look like a good participant, but I think pretty much this is as much as she's touched the ball all season. Oh well. She's not even 3 yet and the only one on the field in diapers I might add. We have time still. Notice in the bottom picture there is no goal or field lines or cones of any sort. She finally got her feet on the ball and took off! And kept going and going and going forrest gump-like. Which is why that ref is chasing her. She was no where near the field at that point.
The best part of soccer for kids. The snacks and drinks after.
I also take her to gymnastics to get some of her bugs out. I think it wears me out more then her since it's parent assisted and I'm assisting while feeding, carrying Baby T at the same time. But she loves it and is one brave little monkey!
And library time. She refuses to read anything but Clifford books and feels the need to hoard all of them. Which scares me because the librarians here are MEAN! Like I might have yelled at several of them once because I couldn't take it anymore....it was 2 days before Baby T was born so hopefully they don't recognize me anymore not pregnant. But they deserved it. At the exact time Miss A was stacking her Clifford books oh so high, I heard a librarian tell a little girl she couldn't get anymore books because she had too many on her table already. (she had six). My pulse went through the roof but luckily she did not look our way. Seriously, library time is the stress high of my week.
And this is what happens when she skips naptime. If I'm lucky. If I'm not lucky skipping naptime means loud screaming erratic craziness. So yes, when she's bad, it's BAD. But when she's fun and cute, she's the CUTEST! She makes me laugh all the time. I think 3 is going to be her year. It's going to be good. I'm pretty sure I said the same thing when she turned 2, but for real, this time I mean it!?



14 comments:
I love that you ate the tops off all of the cupcakes...that is totally something we would do too. And, Baby T is gorgeous. Not in the I'll-tell-you-your-baby-is-gorgeous-because-I'm-supposed-to say-so way, like SERIOUSLY gorgeous. Ok, last comment...I love Aubrey and her spunk. Life is so much more interesting with spunk!
love this post. it is nice to hear about your day to day life. baby t's lips are to die for! she is to die for!! the book stacking is too funny! i can't believe how old she is getting. i wish they had soccer for jack here- we have to wait until next year. anyway, beautiful fam!!
I enjoyed the update too, and of course the beautiful pictures of your girls. They both are so adorable, and baby T looks so much like you-a mini mel.
all your projects are soooo cute! I'm jealous!
Those hair clips are so cute! Did you really make them? I wish I had your skills.
i am laughing so hard. you always crack me up. I love that baby t and my A...she is so cute...I am so with you on the library..thats why I quit going. It was not worth getting yelled at. and YES you will be a soccer mom. Give A another year she is going to be an awesome Soccer player!
Melanie, you're making me feel bad about myself!! There is so much to comment on I hardly know where to start. Happy birthday Zach. I'm glad you made it a special day for him. I'm with you though, I've never had much luck with scratch made cakes. From the box are always much more moist. You're projects are awesome! Great job! I need to learn more about these iron supplements... maybe that's MY problem too. Baby T remains as gorgeous as ever, I love the headband you made her. As for a schedule... there are good and bad things about it. Maybe you're not as structured but look at all the fun things your doing for A!! Soccer, gym, library... that's awesome. My kids never have any fun because I'm always like, gotta get home for lunch, gotta get home for nap, etc. "A" playing soccer is so cute. I hope she's a soccer lover like you. So yes, I'm feeling super lame right now.
where to comment first??? the cupcakes - tops only, absolutely. happy birthday, zach! your hand crafty skills make me green with envy. baby t is the cutest and most beautiful... 4 months old now? and miss a, well. she is just like a miss m here at my house, so i feel a little affinity for her, i do. love, love.
Luv the crafts! Luv A @ soccer! She is a active little person! Cute pics of baby T! Looking forward to July!
It's good to hear how life is going for you guys. I loved reading about each of you. And that baby is adorable! I've just been catching up on some posts, and she really is beautiful, like you think.
And Miss A, she cracks me up. And that's a little psycho about the librarian. I mean, aren't librarians supposed to be nice and helpful, especially in the kid's section? I love the pictures of Miss A playing soccer, too.
Baby T's lips are amazing! She is going to be so beautiful.
And, I don't know how you are getting Miss A in so many activities with a new baby, You are a super mom.
As always, I love the crafts. I need to work on some, actually a lot, and just need to make the time.
Love the updates! Don't worry too much about the weight, you're so active that it will eventually come off! Miss you guys!
OK. First things first. Happy Birthday Zach. Those cupcakes look heavenly. Please post the recipe!!!!
And about all the cute stuff you are making. . . .don't forget about me. That headband on Miss T is ADORABLE!!! Did you make it? If so. . . well.. . I don't want to beg but.. . . PLEASE!!!!!! :)
And I love that Aubrey is in soccer. I have Ellie in it too and it is a total joke. But I love it. I will be a soccer mom too!! Every Saturday we have 3 different games. :) Why am I doing it?
And I love the gymnastics. That Aubrey has got to be loving her life!!! I'm a little jealous of it!!
happy B-day Zach (20 days late). So you say you don't have much time to do much crafting but I say you have been plenty productive. The felt flowers are so cute.
And miss A looks so grown up in the picture of her carrying all the books. And she looks really cute stretching in Gymnastics. I bet she loves that.
And Baby T- good heavens, she is lovely. So beautiful. Keep the pictures coming.
Post a Comment