Friday, June 25, 2010

So my husband told me that my blog was getting boring and that he wouldn't look at it if it wasn't about his kids....and maybe those weren't his exact words but I filtered out the fluff and that's what I heard :) Regardless of what he actually said, the truth is, life has been pretty tame lately, wonderful, but not sooo exciting. I know every post I do is "i love my kids, aren't they the cutest" but really, I can't think of much of anything I've done this past month that hasn't been with them, about them, for them.... So here's the June review...yes, mostly about kids :)

BABY T IS FIVE MONTHS!!!!!
Her gorgeous hair is thinning like crazy. I haven't yet figured out how to make it look nice. Then again, I haven't yet figured out how to make my own hair look nice and I've had 27 years to figure that out. My girls have no hope of cute hairstyles ever.

Can you believe how much she's changed! The above picture was taken at about a week old. With all of her thick gorgeous hair intact. I miss it! She's growing so much, so quickly, it's breaking my heart. Stay my baby!!!
And would you look at that! Sitting up already. Very wobbly, but getting there.
Isn't this swimsuit A-DOR-A-BLE!!
Look at that little tutu bum!
And she's practicing for her facebook profile picture already. You know, doing a kissy face.

Miss A
Summer suits her. Lots of cold treats, she has popsicles, slushes, and ice cream cones on a daily basis.
This is her "cooperating" for pictures.
Due to it being extremely hot here (we've had a heat advisory for almost 2 weeks now) she spends a lot of time in the water. Slip 'n slidin with friends... (thanks Jeanette for the pic!)
And swimming with dad...
We've braved very few non water outings. Feeding the fish at the gardens...
And touring the fire station with a field trip group that I'm involved with and love!
The kids in our field trip group. Pretty cute eh?

Melanie and Zach update
I have no pictures of us this month. In fact, I don't have a picture of me since the really gross ones taken of me in the hospital when Baby T was born. My goal for next post will be to have a picture of the parentals on here, maybe even together! And who said my blog wasn't exciting? :)

11 comments:

Elise said...

Maybe Zack should post if he thinks your posts are so boring! As for me, I'm still not sick of yours kids yet. Baby T is just so cute I want to pinch those little cheeks!!! And you better keep your promise about a picture of you and Zack on there. 5 months without a picture of you, I feel like I don't even know you anymore!

Gina said...

Are you kidding me! It is SO exciting. I love seeing pics of the kids...expecially since your pics themselves are so awesome! Please bring your camera to the BBQ next week so I can get some not-so-snap-shotty pics of my kids! Every time I see your blog I am like...ok, time to pick up on photography. They are such beautiful girls :) Can't wait to see them (and you...and Zach) in person!

Tina said...

Little Baby T is so gorgeous! I love all the pics and updates. Seriously, looking at your blog makes me a little embarrased of my blog. I really need to start learning about photography, but where do I start? Help! :)

Linda said...

My blog screams boring compared to yours! And I love seeing updates of your girls and the amazing pics you take. So keep them coming!

libby said...

your blog is exciting. you wanna know why? I'll tell you.
1. you're funny
2. your photos are amazingly beautiful
3. your kids are so beautiful
...not necessarily in that order. :)

can't wait to see you!!

Kimo said...

What beautiful girls you have, and you are such a talented photographer!

noelle said...

all the cuteness. i just can't bear it. it's too much. i'm in love with your girls.

lindsey gruwell said...

man I am one luckly aunt...I have the cutest nieces! ohh, I just love those little girls! too cute! Glad to see that half the pics are in the water--it's steaming hot here.

Michele said...

I have to quote Cory when showing him the pictures of Miss T...HOW FREAKIN CUTE!!
I miss my little Aubs...she is a hoot!

The Imperfect Pie said...

hey! I'm a good friend of Paige Clark's and she sent me a link to your blog--I love your photography! Question: what type of photoshop program do you use? just curious b/c I'm looking into one.

Also, I think she said it was YOU who said somewhere on your blog "its easy to have two kids. you just don't do anything else." I love that quote and want to put it on my toddler blog (http://wherearemymaryjanes.blogspot.com) but I wanted to make sure it was you! let me know: janellerphipps@gmail.com

nice to meet you through your blog!

audrey said...

wow, if your girls weren't so amazingly gorgeous, i might've gotten stuck on the sentence where you said you were 27. WHAT?!?! i mean, i know that I MYSELF have been getting old, but it's always a wake up call when people i've known FOREVER start getting old too. wow. 27. that's impressive. how did we get here already??

and bc i just have to say it twice, {esp. bc i never comment but always mean to}, your girls are stunning. i adore your posts about them as WELL as your melanie-humor that we have always always loved.

love you, mel.

p.s. when will our kid{s} meet???