Friday, July 23, 2010

Three Things

FIRST...
www.melaniepitcherphotography.com/

I've been working on a new photoblog/website to replace the Life As A 4x6 one. This new format is just so much better for displaying photos and is a little more pulled together looking, a little more official-ish. Since I had to do it all myself to keep it cheap, it's not as spectacular as in my dreams, but still, much better then before! I have 3 new posts up there already so go check it out!

SECOND.... Miss A turned 3! After my beyond lame and fairly non-existent attempts at her 2 year festivities, I'd resolved to do better this year.....
And if I were a more awesome mom (not to mention a mom with tons of extra cash to throw around) I WOULD have done something like you see above (picture is straight from the Hostess with the Mostess blog). Miss A's birthday was better this year, because I bought her several good gifts, versus the one watering can I bought her last year that I'm using for a decoration so she can't play with it. But other then that....no decor, storebought cake. It's just so overwhelming time-wise and EXPENSIVE to do those big shindigs. And I've decided I have to keep my task load small. I'm not one of those moms who can juggle a million things at once. If I try and do too many things beyond taking care of my kids and their activities, I start feeling stressed, then frustrated when I can't get anything done because my kids need me....and then I go into mean mom mode. I guess I know my limits. I wish I was a do it all mom, but I'm just a much nicer mom if I keep life simple. But when I was thinking about trying to actually do a party for Miss A, I thought that this idea for a place setting was cute! Not the colors and patterns necessarily, but the idea of it. I will use it one day!
THIRDLY -
Baby T is 6 months! She's sitting up, eating some solids, rocking on all fours, and has awful diaper rash from antibiotics from a double ear infection. Happy Half Birthday! I'll make your one year birthday better! Just don't ask your sister about her birthdays :)



A little before and after photoshop example. Below is the straight out of camera.

8 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow, your photoshop skills are incredible! I need to get working on my photography skills before my kids grow up! Anyway, I think it's good you don't pull out all the stops for your kids' birthdays...when they get older, they aren't going to remember the decorations, just whether they had fun and felt special and got to spend time with you! I agree that pretty birthday parties are fun to plan but I like what you said about keeping life simple...I have found that a relaxed mom equals a happier mom and happier kids too.

mamasteph said...

Love, love, love your pics as always! You are so talented! What beautiful girls!

Amy said...

Melanie!! Your photoblog is AMAZING!! Jana, I'm dying over those pictures of your kids... they turned out SO good (and to get so many of each kid to choose from, awesome!). Ok, back to Mel, I was fooled for a minute when I saw that picture of all the party decor. I'm a little relieved actually. Can't believe T is already 6mo... she is so adorable. I so wish I had your skills.

Tina said...

I love the new blog. Great work!

Happy Birthday Miss A!!!

Baby T is just so cute.

Man! I should have taken advantage of your skills while you were here. I don't know why I let myself get so stressed out about things. Oh well. Another time. :)

noelle said...

your girls are just so cute. and your photography blog look fantastic. and i think i can safely say i am a much worse party planner than you. like you probably at least remember your child's birthday. what mother doesn't remember that her son was born on december 29th until it's 2pm on december 29th and there are no presents/cake/candles to be found? honestly, i disturb myself sometimes.

Brandon and Natalie said...

Adorable pictures of such cute girls!!

Richins Family said...

once again you're amazing. T is getting so big and looks so much like A when she smiles..I hope you get up here sometime soon!

Elise said...

First off, its the thought that counts. So as long as you thought about giving A a super duper over the top cute birthday party, it counts in my book. And second, we all know its all about the presents anyway.
Third, T is getting cuter by the minute. I love that little shirt she's wearing. And fourth, I'm mad at that museum guy for you. Did you at least get your $$ back after they practically forced you to go?!