Saturday, August 14, 2010

Summer Events

So for recent events. Let me tell you, we don't many exciting things. Not in the crazy heat we've been having. Like 103 degrees with the heat index around 115. It's unhealthy. I don't think I've seen a day with a high below 98 in months. But supposedly cooler days are coming next week. Cooler as in 93 degrees. I better unpack my sweaters :) So indoor activities are popular. Like gymnastics for Miss A and her insane energy.
She is strong! Look at those little biceps! I think she's inherited my arms. Sorry, girl, welcome to a lifetime of insecurities about having man arms. sigh....

Baby T's first food experience! Okay, she is the CUTEST! Don't even bother to tell me otherwise. I love her chubby little smiley face! But I HATE feeding solids. Hate hate hate it.

Eating as a family at Central. If you know Memphis, you know Central Bar-b-que. It's cheap....it's dirty....it's delicious...it's how bbq should be!
Then for dessert off to a cupcakery - you know I'm a sucker for those.
Post cupcake sugar nirvana face.


And...."I'm about to be given away by my family of 5 years" face. I took this right before we stuck Lulu in my parent's car to head to her new home.
Mostly, life just revolves around this girl. I guess we do actually get out a lot for events for her, just this past week she's gone to a movie, gymnastics, the mall carousel and playplace, the fountain at Mud Island, swimming, story time, slip-n-sliding, and I'm sure a few more things that I've forgotten.
And to wrap it up, a few pictures that I meant to share a couple posts ago. I had taken the T out to do her 6 month pictures. I think Miss A got tired of all the attention being focused on the baby and actually wanted her picture taken for once. Except she was in underwear and her hair was in it's usual glorious state. Which is a bummer because it's so hard to get a genuine smile from her!

Oh summertime in Memphis. Can't wait for the fall!

6 comments:

Brooklet said...

Wow, gymnastic looks like a lot of fun for that age. I am trying to imagine Morgan doing those things and I think she would be a bit of a fraidy cat. I need to get her involved in something.

Ugh, the heat. I heard on the news that this is the warmest summer in Alabama in recorded history (which is 100 years). I am so glad I moved here just in time for this.


Both of your girls are so cute. I like that last picture of them both sitting together, even if A is in her undies, it's a sweet picture.

You guys need to come down to play. I am serious. That is your official invitation. Come down, We have a spare room, a ping pong table, and a neighborhood pool. What more could you want? Please come!!!!

Candace said...

I'm glad to hear that we aren't the only ones having those 103 days, I feel your pain! Anyway I love Miss A's energy, I wish you guys were closer your Miss and my Mr. would play awesome together! Your girls are the cutest, I love thehugging picture. Those are few and far between at our house.

Zachary said...

I heart my girls, even Lulu a little.

Zach

Elise said...

I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that Lulu is gone. I'm mostly jealous since I know our dogs are stuck with us for good! I can't imagine heat like that, and I don't want to imagine it- yuck! Your girls are so adorable. I bet Miss A is going to be quite the athlete, especially with those big biceps!

Michele said...

YOU man arms??? You are crazy...you have the best arms ever! I would have given anything for those arms.
I just love your girls. Yuck your weather is worse than AZ. Stay cool!

Whitney said...

no kidding, like you said, can't wait till fall!