Monday, August 4, 2008

Fields


Last week I went rafting with my friend Elise (it was super fun by the way) and on our way we drove past one of the prettiest fields of wildflowers. They went on and on and on and were so gorgeous! I just had to come back with Zach to take some pictures - not the most practical thing since it involved hours of driving, but worth it. I know my posts are always picture heavy, but considering I took 250 pictures there, narrowing it down to ten was quite a feat.

The field

the flowers

the family
and of course....

the AUBREY!



Don't you just want to frolic through this field, barefoot and in a sundress?

19 comments:

Pitcherpost said...

I don't usually wear sundresses and I'm also very afraid of bee stings (of which there were many in the field). So to answer your question, no it doesn't make me want to frolick barefoot in a sundress- but I can see where you're coming from ;) Zach

Kimberly said...

Lovely Pictures Mel! I think it was worth the hours of driving. Though I think I may be on board with what Zach wrote. I have a hard time stepping on grass barefoot, to itchy and I hate bee stings:)I do think Sundresses are great! You have to e-mail me sometime. bubbyluv@gmail.com. Take care.

Brooklet said...

Zach, that made me laugh. I love the pictures and the field is just beautiful! I have seen fields with wildflowers here, but none with such pretty flowers. And the pictures are beautiful- I especially love the one of Aubrey from the side looking up.

lindsey gruwell said...

I'm in love with these pictures! They look amazing. I have to visit that field when I come out to visit (hopefully next summer). What a cute family portrait. Aubrey looks so happy and you were able to keep her hair clip in!

Jeff said...

awesome pictures! beautiful flowers and an awesome place to take family pictures! i especially love the complete family picture and the one of aubrey laughing.

Libby said...

sorry, apparently jeff was signed in...that was from libby :)!

Michele said...

What beautiful pictures...I can tell you are becoming quite the photographer...I am with Brook I love the picture of Aubrey in the field. Zach if any man could pull off a sundress in that field it is you! Melanie...in response to your post...I remember when you came to Super Sat. and made that book...I was wondering how to get to know you better because you were really talented in my favorite area of expertise. Glad I did!

Paige said...

melanie, this is trey

those are some great shots! Amazing! but that one of Zach throwing Aburey scares me to death, I guess I'm just a wuss-burger with cheese when it comes to launching my daughter into the air!

Linda said...

Love the pictures. The pictures make me miss the green fields:( And the pics of Aubrey, so cute. Aubrey is getting so big and even more adorable! And you look great too!

tiffany and darren said...

I think that field is my vision of heaven. The family picture would make a great Christmas card!! Just an idea. I can't say it enough, you are so talented!! I would buy your photography to decorate my house in a heartbeat. As soon as we are free from student loans, I would be honored to own a Melanie Pitcher original.

Hannah Ashmore said...

great pictures. congratulations you won a surprise bow from my giveaway. email me your address, so I can mail it this week. enjoy!

Elise said...

Your pictures came out great! That field looks even more beautiful if possible!. Aubrey looks sooo adorable:) So can I hire you to take Christmas pics for me and Dave? Really, your so talented. Anyway, I had such a fun time rafting, thanks for setting that up.

Jana said...

My favorite pic is that one of Aubrey in the air. That is so perfect!!!! I love your pics. You really are so talented.

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

First of all, Zack, don't lie...you totally wear sundresses! But yes, I would love to frolic in the meadow; Aubs looks so happy!

Heather B said...

Yes I do. You are such an awesome photographer.

Radene said...

Oh my, those pictures are gorgeous!!! You need to frame that one with your baby in the air. And what a beauty you are Melanie! Way to go.

Darby Family said...

Wow Mel. Those are great photos!!! I need some tips. They are so vibrant and crisp.

noelle said...

love your pics, babe. hey, i'm going private, so leave me your email address or send it to me via melissa. love ya.

JoDell said...

Those pictures are amazing! You guys look so good. :) Aubrey looks so precious.