Monday, September 15, 2008

my first giveaway!

I made these clips for Aubrey a while ago but I couldn't bring myself to put them in her hair. I've seen her capacity for destruction and I guess I'm more okay with her destroying things I've bought then things I've made. So I'd like to give them to someone else instead! So, the usual giveaway rules, leave a comment before the end of Saturday (sept. 20) to enter. I'd say your chances of winning are really good! I think I already know exactly who the 5 or so people who enter are going to be!
Here are a few other things I've done this summer in my attempt to be crafty. My first sewing attempts - dress, apron, headband. None are giveaway worthy, but maybe I'll get there one day!

A long time ago, some friends of mine got together to try and make these cloth covered diaper wipes cases - I think we all threw ours in the trash afterwards, but I did manage to make a few that were okay enough - all of these I've given away as gifts at babyshowers. I'd like to do a diaper wipes case giveaway one of these days...




18 comments:

Gina said...

Those cases are REALLY cute! I am probably dumb for not knowing this, but what are the 3 things with the wipes cases? I couldn't figure it out. You are super crafty! After your sewing class you will surpass us all for sure! Sorry, I don't really think Kade would look great in the clips, so I passing on the giveaway :(

Linda said...

I love that you've been crafty! And the wipes case turned out as great gifts. Natalie doesn't do well with clips in her hair anymore, but throw me into the drawing anyways. I do want to know how you made the headband, that's the only thing she'll keep in her hair these days.

Anonymous said...

The other things are burp clothes - just cloth sewed onto cloth diapers.

Christi said...

Those are really cute. How did you do the wipe case? I tried to make a diapees and wipees case. Yeah it wasn't so much a success. But those look really cute. I am interested to see how you did. All of your stuff looks great!!!!

Melissa Hodgen said...

You knew I'd enter, mainly because I told you!

Libby said...

so talented! i really like the last wipes case.

Brooklet said...

Oh, sign me up, baby! You have been one busy crafter lately and I hope I reap the benefits (please let me win).

Rachel said...

pick me!! seriously though- how are you going to pick the winner? I think all that stuff is cute. I wouldn't even attempt to make a dress, you're super crafty.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

So it's almost 1am and after I cleaned my apartment (when Dave is gone I do strange things)I was facebook stalking my "friends" I came across your blog & now I'm going to blame you for keeping me awake this long! :) Anyway, you're very talented with your craftiness and photography skills & I loved all of your pics! Ok, I'm going to bed now...

- By the way, I had to delete my last comment because there was a serious typo.

Amy said...

Melanie, you are so talented! I want your talent. I LOVE the wipes case and burp cloths with the leaves. Teach me! I so desperately want to be crafty!

Pitcherpost said...

FROM ZACH: Mel, pick me, I have some crazy ideas for the hair clips!!!!!!

Hannah Ashmore said...

Love the clips. I make something like it. I also make the wipes cases. Dont you just love Amy Butler fabric!!! Since I am childless, I am not entering, but just saying way cute stuff!

Stefanie said...

Your stuff is so cute, and you have inspired me to take on some projects. We really hope you guys end up in Denver, then you can teach me everything you know, and we can go hiking, biking, and camping. Keep us updated on Zach's interviews. I love the clips, but unfortunately Ry's mulett is only good for pig tails.

Kimberly said...

I really dig the clips so sign me up for the giveaway! Also I like those wipe cases especially the leaf fabric set with the burp cloths. Excellent work!

noelle said...

what the heck is this??? all sewing and getting crafty. geez. i will never attempt. but seriously, nice stuff. cute stuff! wish it was close-enough-to-send-to-me-type stuff.

Jana said...

All I am going to say is this. If you want to sewing machine this raffle should be real easy for you.

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

Crafty, crafty! I never knew you were so crafty! That apron is cute! You must have a sewing machine! We miss you guys...any chance you guys needs to take a trip to the big O? We'd love to see you and Doug would love to go riding with Zach!