Friday, October 17, 2008

A few weeks ago my parent's came for a short visit. As you can see, my mom and I went to Wicked. Notice that "I Won the Wicked Lottery" pin my mom is wearing. I know everyone and their dog has won tickets, but there were over 100 people there the night we tried, and somehow the fates were smiling on us (actually just my dad - he won the tickets for us)! We also did the mandatory strip district visit (Macaroni Company, Pittsburgh Popcorn Company, Penzey Spices - I recommend you visit all!) My dad also did lots of repairs on our house - 90 year old houses are in constant need of that and Zach and I are more then a little burned out - so thanks so much dad! And they watched Aubrey so that Zach and I could have a date night. We went to an indoor climbing gym - it had been a year and a half since I'd climbed! Seeing as climbing really is my favorite thing to do, that's very sad to me.
Visiting the Frick Antique car museum. Only the curator was allowed to touch the cars, and that was only with white gloves on. And since the cars were in no way blocked off you can betcha that Aubrey's first instinct was to try and bang on the cars with wide open hands, so that every fingerprint and groove of her little grubby hands made contact with the clean shiny surface. So my only pics of that place are from hanging out with her OUTSIDE of the museum. But I really liked her outfit that day so I was glad to get some pics!

West End Overlook with my parents

The classic view of Pittsburgh - if you live here, you've seen it. But what a gorgeous day! And notice that the fountain is pink.

The part I don't like about having my parent's visit is saying bye! Never fun but at least I'll see my family at Christmas, until then.....

6 comments:

Amy said...

There is nothing like having family in town. I love it. Was the rare car museum cool? Besides Aubrey wanting to touch them? I LOVE the fish face!

Brooklet said...

Fun! The yellow shirt is really cute! Thats great that you got to spend some time with your family!

Hannah Ashmore said...

That looks like a fun time with the parents! Your dad came to our ward today and gave an excellent talk! Are you coming home for Christmas? If you are, we should do lunch!

Melissa Hodgen said...

Love the outfit. Looks like Aubrey wears shoes now.
It's official, everyone has seen WICKED but me!
It's funny how, the older we get, the more we like our family. Mom's coming to see me next week...jealous! I can't wait to see you guys at Christmas.

noelle said...

haha... i'm laughing at melissa's comment. it's true. it's like having things taste better with age... cheese, salami, wine.. not that i would know about that last one, of course. this comment doesn't make sense. well, aubrey looks adorable as usual, and that's all that matters.

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

I can't believe how big Aubrey is getting! She's so dang cute! I love your crafts too! I never knew you were that crafty when I lived there...why didn't I know that? I'm also jealous that you got to see Wicked! Serious green-eyed monster over here!