I've been wanting to make these pillows forever! I finally found the right fabric and made my talented friend Libby hold my hand through every step of the first one. I am proud to brag though that I did the second one on my own.
The dresser above and below is another project. We got it for $2 but you can see it was in bad shape. I love it now! It might even be a keeper.

My friend Gina makes these diapers and wipes bags and sells them here on Etsy. Here is my attempt to copy - good thing you can't look closely! There is some scary stitching going on. But I did have fun making the tree and I finally can wind a bobbin on my own and thread my machine. Granted it was only after an hour of being clueless and ticked off, but I think the sewing machine and I can be friends again.
Why do I love the next craft? B/c there was no sewing machine envolved. It feels very serene to use a hot glue gun in comparison to a sewing machine. I'm keeping this case for myself!
14 comments:
I think it's hilarious that you claim to be uncrafty and untalented when it comes to creative projects and yet you produce things like this! I'm impressed. :)
I love it all! Especially the pillows and dresser! You really are talented! I am totally envious.
This is a serious question...honestly, where do you find the time? The talent continues as does the envy. Everything you touch turns to gold!
I love all your projects! Everything turned out so cute.
Good work Mel! I have a thing for black and white and love both the pillows and both of the diaper wipes cases. Can you tell me how you did them so I can copy:)!
I have to tell you when I first bought my sewing maching a few years ago I was trying to sew something and the thread kept bunching up. I was so frustrated I asked Rhett to help me. He told me I forgot to put the foot down. I felt like a total fool:) Occasionally I still do it but now I know when it happens and fix it in secret:)Hehehehe!! These little blunders make me laugh.
no - i have talented friends who teach me and let me copy them (ie gina, your diaper cases). And amy to answer your question, how I find the time is I don't cook, ever, seriously, and that frees up lots of time!
wow-look at you go mel- everything you made looks so cute and fancy. You could start a business with your work.
I am so impressed. Seriously. Why cant you live closer so you can show me how to be a cute mom? You really could have your own Martha Stewart show. I never knew all this creative talent was hiding in my messy, dirt loving roommate. Very very impressed Mel.
I love, love, LOVE the dresser!!!! And, I know how much work it is to refurbish old furniture, so kudos to you!!
Cute projects Melanie...you are so talented! I love the stand too...very nice!
Mel! Your projects are amazing. I want to be like you. I LOVE your taste. Please teach me how to be more like you?
Mealnie! You are truly incredible! I can't believe all the things you do! Photography, sewing, crafts, Digital scrap booking/photo-shopping that is mind boggling! I am IMPRESSED!
I guess you're going to Zach's for Thanksgiving? We're going to Chattanooga. Would be fun to see you - some day we'll meet up again. Till then, Aubry is absolutely adorable! I can't believe how much she's changed since we saw her!
Take care,
Paige
You are so crafty! Look at you making all the cute stuff. Why weren't you doing more of this while I was there-so I could steal your ideas? I am very jealous that you make time to actually complete your projects. I just collect scrapbook paper and fabric.
I LOVE the pillows! And all the furniture and baby wipes cases! Seriously Melanie, you are one talented woman! You or Libby are going to have to teach me how to make those pillows!
Post a Comment