I blog hop/lurk/stalk a lot. Especially when there's lots of house work to do. There are plenty of blogs on my google reader that you won't see in my link list on my blog because, well, I have never met the blogger and am a little embarrassed that I'd rather sit and read about their life then go live mine. I do worry about crossing paths with one of these
bloggers. Should I pretend like I don't know them? What if I let something slips that proves I know just a bit more then a new friend should? Could make for some awkward moments! I have to remind myself that these people aren't my best buddies, they don't actually know me even if I feel like we're
bff! I do have a selection process of finding these new blogs and adding them to my google reader. Each new blog I click on has about 18 seconds of me scrolling down to capture my fancy. If all I see in those 18 seconds are pictures of their kids - I'm gone. Not that there's anything wrong with that, little kids are adorable and all, but...you know. So today, if someone was allowing 18 seconds of their time to explore my blog, they would most definitely never return, because this is an....
AUBSESSION POST!
Most of these pictures are about 9 months old. I'd put them into a post and never published them. Now they are all the more special because my
Aubs is no longer a baby and she was in all these pictures.
She got into some sort of ink pad. Someone must have told her she was in a white outfit.
The mom's are not wearing matching swim suits. This was not planned. When you only have Shade, Modbe and Layers to shop for your modest swim suit, matching is bound to happen.
Aubrey misses her little friend Natalie.

Who doesn't love a cute baby bum! Especially because non-baby bums are DISgusting!

I admit, seeing these pictures of Aubrey, so much smaller then she is now, is making me, just the slightest bit...baby hungry...
Don't worry. I'm off to look at some pregnancy pictures of myself. Nothing quenches those baby urges then pudgy swollen prego face.
12 comments:
LOL... this post is hillarious! Maybe I should look into those prego pics when I get baby hungry (Hunter would love it). It is true though, why does the face have to get puffy? I couldn't tell at the time, but man, I got puffy alright! Aubrey is so cute.. loved the ink pad... should've taken a picture of Camilla eating dog food... priceless :)
Wish I'd looked at my old pregnancy pics. Love the ink picture. Kids always know when they're wearing a special outfit.
LOL!!!! Seriously, do you want me to send you a few pics of me right now? That will for sure seal the deal. STAY SKINNY!!! I loved those pics. It makes me miss the baby days of Ellie. Oh wait, I get to re live all of them all too soon.
Aubrey is such a pistol, I think shes going to keep you guys on your toes. I loved the Matchy Matchy pic of you moms, it totally looks like you all went shopping together, so funny.
I love the old pics, and I know what you mean:) I cant believe how big Jaden is in my arms some times. and the things he does just freaks me out, like when he just says a word from the book were reading. They are so cute! hope things are going well.
i LOVE these flashback pix of aubs. i haven't even met her but they make me gush to see her grow! and that's the cutest bumcrack ever.
miss you. post more post more!!
Aaaah Aubrey, so adorable! Don't you just miss the babynesss! I was looking at Maeryns old pics recently she was such a pudgy baby and now she's a skinny minnie. I still pinch her little bumm:)
I thought you looked great prego. I guess a lot of it has to do with self reflection. I saw myself as a Macy's Day Parade blimp at the end. Everything seemed to swell:( Next time I'm walking every day and cutting back on the ice cream:)
ah, go on. get baby hungry. these kids are character-building. not to mention you and zach make cute babes. you know you want another... i'll be waiting for that post announcing #2.
Baby hungry!? I love looking back at pictures. My how fast they grow! There is no way you looked that bad durring your pregnancy, I was around the whole time! I love reading your posts, you are do funny.
dear melanie,
here's a story for you:
so i think the first time i came across the pitcherpost blog last year whilst surfing through the old weber high blog scene. but then when i moved to mexico and met noelle, i played the "let's see if noelle and i know the same people" game with her blog links, and lo and behold, the pitcherpost. how crazy that we both know noelle through totally different ways. and i just met audrey, her sister, last weekend. so there ya go. small, almost incestuous world, right?
i'm so glad you said hi, cos i've been wanting to say hi for a while. i often want to say hello to old-guy-friends'-wives if i see they have a blog but worry that it's kind of weird. does that make sense? prolly not; i have irrational social anxieties. but i'm glad we're e-friends now. if you guys ever make it into nyc, let us know and let's do some dinner. hope this huge comment doesn't alarm you.
your aubrey is a doll. say hi to zach for me.
cheers,
e.
Oh, isn't it fun to look back on when they were so little!? The ink pad pic was so funny! Opps!
So a girlfriend pointed me in your direction because of your pear pin cushion picture! I stayed longer than 18 seconds and you will now be listed in my favorites folder. Hope you don't mind....my new bff! Ha..and I don't even know your first name...but Aubrey is darling!
Your photog session went great...loved the feetsies. I will be back to visit! Hope you don't mind. You had me at pear.
P.S. I just scrolled through your comments...looks like your name is Melanie...and I totally know your commenter Audrey! How fun is that. She wasn't even the one that sent me. Small world I'll tell you...but that happens in the land of modest swim suit seeking women!
Post a Comment