You might notice that all my pictures are gone, all of them. Hundreds of them. Since my blog has always been more about the pictures then the writing, that's a huge loss to me. My husband accidentally deleted my google account, which in turn made all the pictures on any post done under my account disappear (that would be 72 of the 108 posts). I've filled out all sorts of forms contacting google and blogger regarding this and I think I have to accept that the pictures aren't coming back unless I slowly and tediously re-do EVERY SINGLE POST! For some odd reason the writing is still there for each post, so at least I'll have an outline to go by if I do go that route. But I would have much rather lost the writing then the pictures. Anyways, don't delete your google accounts! It's bad news! Had our blog not been linked to Zach's google account as well, I think the whole thing might have been lost, I'm not sure. And don't let your husbands mess around with your blogs, because bad things happen. I've heard there's a way to back up your blog and I think I'll look into that once it has anything worth saving on here (seeing as now it doesn't).
Also, my google reader account is gone as well, so until I get everyone entered back in there, I'm a bit lost on everyone else's blogs as well. Also, I cannot access any private blogs I had permission to anymore, so if you're private, I'll be bugging you to re-invite me.
I have forgiven Zach, barely :) Actually I was extremely upset with him, but life has a way of putting things in perspective and I realize that my blog being ruined is extremely insignificant. Emphasis on the extremely. But that's the story of why my blog is empty and how it got to be that way (his name is Zach).
17 comments:
Melanie!! I'm so sorry! I would die and probably be so discouraged that I would start over! Good luck!!!!!!!
I still can't believe it!! I don't know what I would do. Thank you for the tip, because something very similar could have happened to me. AAhh, I can't imagine how frusterated you must feel.
Oh NO!! This is aweful I am such a fan of all your pictures. I'm glad your writings have not been deleted as well. I don't know what I would do, probably have a nervous breakdown, uggh. Hang in there!
I'm sending you a virtual hug. I'm so incredibly sorry.
yeah, that is not good news! But at least your blog is still here and you can rebuild- one post at a time.
oh. honey. but this is okay. b/c you know all those pictures zach posted of you that you thought were so ug? gone.
and at least your computer didn't crash and you lost all of aubrey's pics since she's been born. like someone else we know... i digress.
so now we will all look forward to your wonderful fabulous NEW posts. here's to march 24, 2009, and beyond.
WHAT!! That can Happen? Oh boy, I am so sorry. I am impressed with your perspective. I'm sure it didn't come easily. :) Love you!
Oh sad day!! Especially since your blog is always so fun to read. Good luck with whatever path you take on move-on/re-build.
Oh, my gosh! I am sooo sorry!! I am having a little anxiety attack on your behalf.
Well that explains! I thought it was something with my computer! I am soooo sorry. Tip for myself: Do not let Hunter play with our blog! :) Good luck!!
that is horrible!!! i would be so mad too! i guess it isn't really important...
by the way (i keep meaning to text you) you should have told me about the open house AND the pink eye! jack ended up staying home with some gastro problems so i went home after sacrament meeting. thank zach!! i am sure he just loved doing that : )!
If it is any consolation, you would most likely have to redo all the pics if you made a blog book because they resize to small on here. So be glad you didn't loose the text. That would really be tragic!!
Husbands are so helpful sometimes.
since i am a photo fanatic and have such a hard time going through and editing the millions and gazillions of pictures that digital technology has allowed me--enabled me-- to accrue... i truly sympathize with the loss. zach!!
and fortunately/unfortunately, life does have a way of putting things back into perspective. hope your perspective is clear and beautiful these days...
Sorry about that mel! Well just so you know, your header looks absolutely precious. I love you.
I offer my sincere condolences for your lost blog pictures. Losing pictures sucks!
Oh man! Big Bummer!!! That's really all I have to say - I can't find any other words, so I'll say it again . . .BIG BUMMER!
That sort of things is MADDENING!!!!!!! I am so sorry. But like you said, there are much bigger problems we all have to worry about. (Not like that makes it any easier to not be furious with your husband). :)
Post a Comment