Because this is how I looked, 3 am, last night.
And this is how Aubrey looked.
And how Mickey looked.
Aubrey has been waking up in the middle of the night the past two nights not crying, but screaming. I'm more then okay with letting her cry it out, but after 45 LOUD minutes, I gave up. I knew what she wanted, her favorite blanket and Mickey, which she always throws out of her crib during tantrums and then panics when she can't get them back, and she wanted to play. So I gave her a bag of hair clips and let her go to town, on Mickey first, then herself, and then me. We did this for a full hour, from about 2 am to 3 am.
And how Mickey looked.
Don't tell Aubrey this, or Zach for the matter, but a small part of me has enjoyed our middle of the night playdates these past 2 days. It's calm and quiet, I have no other responsibilities to attend to but to just play with her. When she was not sleeping through the night yet as an infant, I sometimes felt this same way, it was nice just being me and her in our own little world. Of course, that was only because I had no other children to deal with during the day. I know that this is a special time that won't happen again. So to any of my future children, I will not be feeling warm and fuzzy about middle of the night play dates, be warned!f
Finally, sleepy eyes. Mickey, favorite blanket, life is good. I'll keep my camera handy for tomorrow night's party! Just kidding, Aubs, I'm kidding, please sleep tonight.
PS. Remember this hat? The first picture was taken almost a year ago. How time flies by!
9 comments:
a small (very, very miniscule) part of me did love those midnight feedings with each baby and was a tinge sentimental when it ended. like i'm talking an incredibly minute amount. because mostly i loved the option of 8 hours of sleep more.
and i say option, b/c somehow i can't get myself to bed before midnight. the sleeping-baby adrenaline rush. like the one i'm experiencing right now. holla!
I love it!! Yes, I do know what you're talking about - those little one on one middle of the night playdates. Believe it or not, sometimes I really enjoy them. I have been known to try and wake up random kids right before I fall asleep just to "play"- that lasts about 10 minutes and then I think "what was I thinking" and throw them back in their cribs!!
How cute is that! So she won't keep anything in her hair during the day, just wants them all in at the same time at 3am. Silly girl.
those mid night parties can be pretty entertaining. last night while I was up with Audrey at 4 am. I heard Luke laughing hysterically in his sleep. I couldnt stop laughing because he was so funny. sleeping wasn't nearly as fun as that little time with my 2 little cuties.
Where did you get that amazing collection of hair clips? You have loads of them!
It's rare but when it occurs I too love it when Maeryn needs me at night. I love holding her when it's just us in silence. I wish I had the ability to stop time and savor the moment even more because I know it won't be like this forever. I think I'm tearing up just thinking about it. Shucks, yep I need some tissues.
That's cute! I can't believe how much Aubs is looking like a little girl now. I enjoy those late nights with Nat too, its one of the few times she's actually cuddly. But I REALLY enjoy my sleep too.
Middle of the night play dates are fun as long as there is only one of them per night and it only lasts an hour. I had way too many play dates last night and they weren't nearly as fun as yours, but I'm glad you had fun.
WOW, I can't believe you thought of getting your camera out at 3 in the morning. I would just be mad, I guess that's the kind of mom I am. Cute though that you are having some early morning bonding/girl time.
I feel for you...my girls never slept through the night and it is exhausting. If you need a nap feel free to call and the girls and I will play with Aubs for a few hours.
Post a Comment