
Last week my little sister Lindsey (click her name for an old post I did about her) found out that she had relapsed again with leukemia. She's started treatment already and is working towards a bone marrow transplant. I wish I had the eloquence to convey just how incredible Lindsey is as a person. She is more caring and compassionate then even the best of them. Her amazing attitude and unwavering faith truly leave me in awe. I've told Lindsey on a number of occasions, "Stop being so perfect! You're making me look bad!" She's started a blog to keep everyone updated on her progress. Please visit it, I know Lindsey would love to feel your love and support. But if you're like all the other people who have been lucky enough to cross paths with Lindsey, you'll find that she's the one helping you. You can't meet Lindsey without her touching your life and inspiring you towards bettering yourself.
http://lindseyatstjude.blogspot.com/

On a side note, I have just created a photo blog. I know, me and every other chica with pricey camera they don't know how to use. But my original blog was meant to be a family journal and I had always intended on making it into a book that my kids could look at. I just don't think my daughter will be as interested in pictures of other people's kids and random flowers and such as she would be in things that have to do with her. And I miss seeing my fuzzy point and shoot pictures of her doing funny things. On the other hand, I also want to post my photos so I can hopefully see an improvement as time goes on. There's just not room for both on here, and since I have been given a fresh start by Zach's helpful deletions of all my pictures (last time I mention it honey, promise), now seemed like to time to seperate the two. So here you go....
http://lifeasa4x6photography.blogspot.com/
4 comments:
ok how do you take these awesome pics!? they're great! but seroiusly, I want to learn but just don't know where to go, plus I'm not computor friendly with that stuff.
Melanie: many things.
1. I read your sister's blog yesterday and it was great! I'm probably going to be one of those weird, who-is-this-that-reads-my-blog-? people.
2. Your photography is so good - definitely worth its own site.
3. I saw you running on Pioneer yesterday! I thought it looked like you as we approached, then when we passed you I knew for sure. I stuck my arm out to wave. By the time I rolled down my window and got my head out, we were too far down the road. So don't worry, the creepy arm was just me. :)
Your sister is one amazing young girl. I can tell how proud of her you are. I wish you and your family all the best. We'll keep Lindsey in our prayers.
So I just finished reading your sister's site, and all I have to say is take advantage of the time you have w/ the angel in your family.
Your sister looks great and I pray this treatment goes well for her.
Amber Warner
Post a Comment