Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Mandatory Halloween post!

4:30 PM the afternoon of October 31 - Zach and I realized what lame parents we are when it comes to celebrating the holidays. We had not one Halloween decoration up, Zach and I had no costumes for ourselves (luckily Aubs had one my mom and sister found for her!), we had no Halloween candy bucket for Aubs, which wasn't a big deal because we had no specific plans to take her trick or treating. It all just snuck up on us! So with a hour and a half to spare before we needed to leave for a Halloween party, we came up with this.....
A bunch of baby dolls made me the OctoMom and 3 dollars of face paint made Zach a tiger! He painted his face himself and was very proud.On our way over to our friends' party, we passed a group of the partygoers still trick or treating with their kids, so I jumped out to join them. I guess I hadn't really thought Aubrey would get into it, but after a few houses she got the hang of it and was sprinting door to door saying in one breath "trick or treat, thank you, see you later, bye bye!" and helping herself double fisted to the candy, then sprinting off to the next house! My heart was honestly melting, it was one of my most fun mom moments yet. I resolve from this time forth to be a more fun holiday mom for the sake of my kids!

Then on to the party, with plenty of cute girls.....
and our special boys :)
and tons of food!

Since Aubrey was able to understand this year that being in a costume equaled getting candy, she was much more cooperative about it. Anyone remember this picture from last Halloween?
A much improved attitude
My Little Bumblebee!!!

14 comments:

The Bailey's said...

ok totally so cute..amazing picures

Alys said...

Very cute little bee! And, I am impressed with the last minute costumes. I can't believe you found 8 baby dolls, but what a good idea.

melanie said...

Technically i only had 6 dolls, but I figure, with 14 kids total, octomom is bound to misplace a couple every once in a while :)

kajohnson said...

What a cute bee! Nice job for you and Zach also!

Amy said...

Great job on the last minute costumes! It's funny but that is just who you guys are, and there's not a thing wrong with it. Great job on the car seat cover, where did you find a pattern, or did you just make it up? You're awesome. Aubrey is adorable!

JoDell said...

I love your costumes! Whenever I click on your blog, I get excited, because I know that you'll have amazing pictures. You got some good ones of Aubrey. She makes a cute bumblebee. Glad Halloween was fun for you guys!

Brooklet said...

Aubrey makes a pretty cute bumble bee and your pictures are pretty cute of her.

What makes your octomom so perfect is that you have all those babies and you are totally pregnant!

And really, Zach should be proud- that's a pretty awesome make-up job. If it doesn't work out with orthodontics, he can get work in the theater.

Jana said...

First, I love that picture of her opening a hersey kiss. Darling. And what can I say about Pooh Bear?!!! Those were some good laughs.

Jana said...

Also, I wish I would have thought of octomom. I could have pulled that off so easily!!!! Instead my boys picked out Daphine for me.

The Jungle Explorer said...

Tell Zach I'm impressed. And I'm glad you finally got into the Halloween spirit.

Rachel said...

I love that picture of her sweet little hands. you're so creative. Zach looks super cool. Is that his real hair colored or a wig?

libby said...

so, first things first: I never told you about swine flu. it was not fun. lots of coughing, headache, body aches, crazy high fevers, and the like. AND, I have NO IDEA where I got it. I'm guessing the grocery store, or maybe the gym, but no one else in my immediate circle has had it, so it was probably the plane from Orlando to Atlanta. :)

secondly, your kids are the luckiest kids ever. they have the cutest, nicest, most well-rounded mom in the world. and, next year? mack will be getting a bakery cake, and MAYBE a balloon. :)

Melissa Hodgen said...

Where in the world did you come up with so many dolls? Glad to see that the bee was a hit versus the pitfall of pooh. But, looks like leggings are still a hit. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

Oh, we're not moving to Memphis. Crossed that off our list, or rather, they did.

Michele said...

last year was a hoot...I guess maybe I should say...it was a hoot for the onlookers. I am with Jana...I love the picture with the kiss...artistic!