Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Totally Bogus Tubular Rad 80s!

Three things you shouldn't do when you are 9 months pregnant....
1) Buy a dozen day old donuts for $1 because "they are such a good deal and I'm only going to eat one and then throw the rest away." Riiiiggghttt....immediately even I knew I was lying to myself. Half a dozen donuts later I proved it :)
2) Start panicking about your two year old's streak of EXTRA bad behavior, read on babycenter.com how ALL of your parenting/disciplining techniques are wrong, lose all confidence in your mothering skills, and wonder how many things you are going to do wrong with this next one.
3) Wear leopard print spandex leggings to a party and allow your picture to be taken over and over again! Probably something you should never do!

A couple weeks ago I went to an 80's themed party, hence the leopard print leggings (Miley Cyrus collection, Walmart if you want some!) I think I was tired of trying to hide my largeness. We all know it's there, it's time I embraced it! My outfit was by far the mildest though. These girls know how to theme out a party! TAB, twister, Rubix cubes, hairspray, mohawks, and best of all, some awesome leg warmers were in abundance! Coincidentally I just don't seem to have any pictures available to post of me in my leggings :) Be honest, isn't there a small part of you that wants to start wearing those leg warmers routinely again?!

10 comments:

kajohnson said...

Melanie you sure go to some crazzzzy parties! You are doing great with Aubs, just hang in there!

Kimberly said...

Wow the 80's aren't dead at this party:) You don't even look 9-months pregnant! I already feel 9-months prego at 6-months and I can totally relate to eating on the extreme. Rhett just looks at me and say's "really" as I'm downing my third taco:) About Aubs, I think as mom's we worry to much about raising our kids. Your a great mommy I can tell by the way you talk about Aubs:)She's a very well loved and cared for little girl. She's just got some spunk!

Elise said...

LOVE IT!!! Is that a tutu on your head? And I think you need to post a picture of your leggings!!

The Bailey's said...

love it....girl u are so funny. and you rocked the leopard!

Jana said...

I seriously wish I could have gone to that party. All we ever did was get together and eat food. . . in our sweats. I'm not complaining though. You know me and my food.

Rachel said...

this is all SO wrong :) the hair, the clothes ALL of it. You really should have posted pictures of you in the tights though. In 50 years when you look back on this you'll laugh and wish you had a picture of you in tights, 9 months pregnant.

Brooklet said...

yeah, you don't even look pregnant in that picture. I feel like you owe it to us to post the leggings- I mean, we can't just be expected to visualize, we need photographic proof.

Stefanie said...

I literally did the exact same thing when I was 9 mos. prego. I thought Rylee was a beast, went on babycenter and discovered that I was parenting all wrong, by the way I didn't take any of their advice.

Debi said...

Are you sure you're preggo? And only 30 lbs? You definitely cannot be my friend if you don't gain more weight when you're preggo- I'm a chubs but chubs no more!! :)
Love the 80's party- did you even know the 80's?! :) what a fun group of friends. Stop having so much fun there, I want you to miss us here!

emily said...

ok... so if i can ever get this darn computer thing figured out... i'm SURE i have a picture of those leggings that EVERYONE is begging for... at least i'm HOPING!