Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hiding....


I've been avoiding my blog and all blogs the past few weeks, I knew once I started looking I'd be sucked in! I have no willpower! And I haven't had the time. But right now the kids are in bed, the house is clean, and I've caught up on the last month of Glee, so I have the essentials done. The past 6 weeks or so have been busy, good busy, but busy. I decided that having two young kids is totally easy and do-able, as long as you don't try and do anything else! In May I got a chance to help shoot a couple weddings for the first time, it was a great experience. But the edits sure kept me busy! Mostly done holding Baby T in my left arm. I'll be getting those pictures up SOMEtime on my photoblog. We also went to visit my family for a week, I went to Atlanta for a day for a photoshop workshop, I had family come stay with me for a bit, tried to keep Miss A busy with field trips and activities, been trying to potty train her (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! hate it!) so on and so forth. Anyways, I'll be getting my act together this week I hope. I'm scared to open my google reader but excited to see what my friends have been up too!

On a side note, I know I've given Miss A a bad rep here and there on my blog. Not that it wasn't earned :) But she really has been such a joy to be around lately!! I think it has a lot to do with keeping her busy. Also, I have to say what a great big sister she has been. She's really shocked me in that area. She is so sweet and concerned for her baby sister. She cares about her but doesn't try to take care of her, which is a good thing. I was afraid she might try and carry her or feed her cheetos or something (not that we ever have those in our house, I meant to say carrots, I'm afraid she might feed her carrots....right right...). But she is so gentle with her and doesn't get mad when she has to wait on something while I take care of Baby T. In fact, she's offered to hold the baby's bottle sometimes so I can go quickly and do something else. This only lasts like a minute, but that minute is wonderful! Especially if I need to run to the bathroom or grab a snack of chee...ahem "carrots".And another side note...Something Miss A has been doing that has been cracking me up is coming up with little morning greetings. Even though I don't lock her door, she must think I do because she won't come out of her room in the morning until I get her. And lately she has been waiting for me as soon as I open the door with a pose like this.....

or this.....
Funny huh? But some mornings she just greets me with a major funk and and gleeful "I'm POOPY!!!" yeah, potty training....

Another side note - Miss A's amazing modeling cooperation from the last post is most definitely over. My friend and I took our daughters out to get some pictures of them together. I was a bit over ambitious given her recent good behavior and had a whole scenario in my head of the girls in front of this old house with pearls and old suitcases and umbrellas involved....yeah...I didn't get a single shot of any of that together. Miss A decided not to do anything I wanted, but seeing as it was 95 degrees outside and I had set my expectations a little high, who can blame her? But the little ladybug picture up top was from that day and it makes me happy at least! As does the one below.

Last side note: She's also started lying! Like if she doesn't want to help clean up her toys, she says "Oh, my belly hurts, I need to lie down. Mommy clean up OK?" Seriously? And she clutches her belly and whimpers while doing it. What a goober!

Oh and baby T? She's perfect as always. Smiles and giggles anytime I talk to her...chunky and tall and wearing clothes that Miss A wore when she was 12 months old and walking! Crazy how different these 2 are!

7 comments:

La Familia Young said...

Oh Mel! At least you're potty training the little miss... I haven't even gotten started! And I'm dreading the day I do. But it's probably coming sooner than later since changing two poppy diapers, one right after the other, is NO fun. I agree, having two kiddos is definetely better if you just "go with the flow." I love the pictures of Miss A; she's got such spunk! She and Camila would get along just great :) Take care, and enjoy the time when the kids are down for the night!

Heather B said...

I hear ya on the willpower thing! I get sooo sucked in too. I LOVE how you said it's no problem having 2 little kids as long as you don't try to do anything else. That's the perfect summary of it. :P The Cheetos/carrots thing was way funny too. Good luck with potty training. No fun at all.

Linda said...

You make it sound like two is a breeze, I sure hope so! I feel like having just one is a lot of work already. But I have to agree that lots of activities helps. It seems like N is always so much happier throughout the day when we're busy. And potty training can be frustrating, even when you think they've figured it out. I feel like we're taking a couple of steps back, especially with #2. But A sure sounds like a delight! I love her spunkiness and silly personality. And can she be any more gorgeous!?!

Amy said...

So fun to hear from you. Good luck with the potty training. I'm very afraid of this. Can't wait to see the updates on the photo blog.

Michele said...

wish we were there to smoosh the girls...and Jonece and Dene would totally give you a break...any thoughts about practicing in AZ?

Kimo said...

Both of your girls are absolutely darling! I wish we lived closer to each other so I could soak up all that cuteness in person!

The Jungle Explorer said...

Good luck with potty training. It sucks, but it's awesome when your kid finally gets it. There's light at the end of the tunnel.