Monday, September 8, 2008

THE BEACH!

We just got back from ...Outer Banks, NC - What a fun trip!! We went with this lovable bunch - all dental or law students from around here.
We did a lot of this (L to R, me, Dave, Elise)
Elise, Gina and I going Blue Crush on those waves - there's NO LIMITS to our ONE PASSION for boogie boarding.


Little Miss independent


We were hoping to get our family Christmas pic here - Aubrey is screaming in all of them, but at least it would be an accurate representation of the feisty little spitfire that she is.
I'm really bummed about this picture. I was dying to get a picture through the reeds with Zach thowing Aubrey up in the background, all distant and blurry. But of course, Aubrey was not having it. This might look serene, but in reality, Aubrey is running screaming mad away from Zach. Anyways, I only had about 45 seconds to try and get "the shot" so this is the best we left with.

Girl's night out
Baby footprints!

Saw the tallest light house in North America
I've been wanting to learn for months how to do this old aged effect on pictures. Turns out it's pretty simple, too bad it took me months to figure it out!

Our great big house - with a pool, hot tub, pool table, vollyball court, and a movie theater.

We had to leave a bit early, as this tropical storm was blowing in.

But it gave us time to stop and tour Jamestown.

Until next time......

16 comments:

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

I love the pictures! And I am SO jealous of your trip; I just wish I could've met you out there! Aubrey cracks me up! She is so dang feisty! I miss you guys!
xoxo
Christen

kajohnson said...

Nice pics! Looks like a fun trip!
KJ

Jana said...

Looks like lots of fun!

Elise said...

Once again I love your photography! I want to frame that old style picture of the light house, its awesome! Now you just need to work on making me look tall and skinny like the girls in the blue crush picture. Anyway, that was such an awesome week. I'm so glad we went! I hope you guys are around for another trip next year!

lindsey gruwell said...

ohh that looks like so much fun. I love aubrey's green skirt...too cute! I'm glad that zach finally got to go on a family trip. Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Amy said...

Great pictures, you're going to have to email me some of your pictures. I need photoshop!! I'm also glad you girls were able to reenact your favorite movie of all time!

Libby said...

sounds like a blast. i am sad we missed out on the fun :(. next year you guys will all be gone :(.

Melissa Hodgen said...

Looks like you had a blast. I say send the Christmas pic...you look good and isn't that what's important?
I think my favorite pic is the baby footprint. Why aren't you hear to take pictures of Adam? I can't even find my battery recharger, so he has no pictures!

tiffany and darren said...

I am so sad I missed the trip! It looks like so much fun...
I hope you plan the trip next year so we can come!!!!!
Great pictures, you have a gift.

Michele said...

Great photography...as usual! sorry the storm shortened your trip.

Kimberly said...

Maybe I'll go blue crush on some waves out here in Cali. Hang Ten Dude! Hahahaha. That looked like a fun trip and someday maybe Aubrey and Maeryn can be fiesty beasts together. Atleast they are both cuties:) I also like the old lighthouse picture I can't believe what you can do with Photo Shop. I seriously need to look into that:)

noelle said...

these are awesome pics, love the baby feet pic! and this is so fun you guys did this with your friends... love that!

JoDell said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I love the pictures, as always. And Aubrey cracks me up! At least she'll be a strong woman when she grows up!

Brooklet said...

I agree with Melissa- both you and Zach look good in your family picture, and Aubrey looks cute no matter what she is doing- I say send it out as a christmas card!

The trip looks like a lot of fun- we missed all of you while you were away, but I am guessing you didn't so much miss us while you were frolicking on the white sandy beach!

Kimo said...

Looks like fun!

Tyson and Rachelle said...

Melanie! The trip looked like it was so fun. What great pictures!