Monday, September 29, 2008

overwhelmed by owls....

It's been a while since I've changed my blog layout, even Zach, who is the first to tell me to spend less time on the computer, hinted that it was time for me to change it. Pottery Barn kids has the cutest new bedding I've ever seen and I figured a digital version was the closest I'd ever get to owning it so I tried to copy it somewhat. I was keeping track of the hours it took me to put this all together, but I stopped counting after 6. This has seriously consumed a ridculous amount of my time, but I did it more to learn and practice in photoshop then just because I wanted a new blog header.
This season owls are everywhere! I 've seen them popping up at Target, Gymboree, Pottery Barn, Gap Kids...so I guess by everywhere I really mean the few stores that I frequent. Do all the stores get together and invent new fads to lure suckers in with? Well, it works on me - I usually fall for the latest fad 100% (yes, I do own leggings). These are just some of the cute items I've happened across this past month (I might own a few of them....)

And my favorite owl of all.....

13 comments:

Brooklet said...

I can't even begin to guess how you made the owl? I want to learn to use photoshop that way, I am just completely clueless about how you would even start!

Amy said...

Here you go out doing yourself again. Love the owls! I need to update my blog too, maybe with a little of your expertise.

tiffany and darren said...

I love it!! I want to see you in your leggins, I don't think I could pull it off, but you definately have the bod and legs to do it.
Thanks for the baby hungry comment, I literally laughed out loud at my desk, as work where everyone asked what I was laughing at.

Linda said...

Great job on the owls. How do you find the time to do all this? You are getting so crafty. Pretty soon they'll have you in enrichment!

La Familia Young said...

Owls.. they are pretty cute. Great job on your blog, you are so creative! I love that picture of Aubrey. I'm beginning to see that kind of a face more and more as Camilla gets older.. Hope you are all doing well. Oh, and the weather, yes, last week we were in the 90s! Crazy. This week though we'll be in the 70's, so it'll be nice. Regarding traveling, we are going to Peru a week from this Friday... Traveling with a one year old.. OH MY! We'll see how it goes!

Kimberly said...

I own leggings as well! And I had just flipped through the Pottery Barn Kids magazine and I too thought the Owls bedding was super cute. I even contemplated making my own owl pillows cause I thought they were neat. I really like your new blog heading you did a bang up job!

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

Oh those owls are so cute! I love the new layout! You've inspired me to change mine, except I'll be copying someone else's and it won't be near as cute as yours!

audrey said...

i love your blog. i know i've said this before, but you are by far one of my top favorites to read. and i know a loooooooooooooooot of bloggers : )

too bad we missed each other at obx. we were there from aug 2-9th. we had such a good time. love it love it down there!

your PHOTOGRAPHS are gorgeous; you're getting so good! they are NOT just pictures ; )

i wish you'd post something every single day : )

Melissa Hodgen said...

I had now idea owls were in. That's why I always look to you to be my stylist.
What about my background for my blog?
Again, I love the picture of Aubrey...I'm guessing she's standing up in her stroller. Can't wait for Christmas! Seriously!

Hannah Ashmore said...

where did you get aubrey's shirt. i love it!!! owls are totally cute right now!

La Familia Young said...

Hey Mel, I just tagged you on my blog!

noelle said...

wow. this is a lot of owls. who knew?

Jana said...

SO cute. I love it. Mine needs a serious update as well. IF you don't step in and help I am going to start telling everyone who did my header. :) Even though I like it, I know how you feel. :)