Monday, October 6, 2008

Washington DC

Last weekend our family took a weekend whirlwind trip to Washington DC. We've been once before, pre-Aubrey. We definitely didn't get to see and do as much as last time, but it was nice to get out of town for the weekend. We went with our friends the Vests, but somehow we ran out of time before taking any sort of group picture.


It was winter the last time we went so all the monuments were drained. The Mall is so much more dramatic with all the water. The World War II memorial is absolutely beautiful.

Each star stands for 100 lives lost....


Lincoln Memorial Washington Monument


This cheeseball picture was from our first trip, about a year and a half ago when I was 5 months pregnant with Aubrey. Why is everything in this picture so wrong? The paleness, the clothes...

Same spot, 1.5 years later, with the Slobs and a bit of a tan thank goodness.
Lincoln Memorial, she climbed the whole monument herself!
Mt. Vernon The trip was short and sweet - I wish we could have had more time there, but we enjoyed ourselves and hanging out with our friends.

5 comments:

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

Well, chalk it up to pregnancy, the white skin, the bad clothes...it's all related! How fun! Enjoy how close everything is out there and take lots of little trips like that. Here, it takes 4 hours just to cross a border!
By the way, congrats on the interviews! I need to call you, find out where they are!

Jana said...

I love DC. We went several months ago and forced our kids to suck it up and do it all. I can't seem to get enough of all those historic places. Sounds like you had a fun time. Last time I went I became addicted to apple fritters from Starbucks.

La Familia Young said...

Fun! washington DC is awesome. I wish we had gone there during summer time, but such is life. I'm glad you guys had a nice outing. Aubrey is so cute. I read she climbed the Lincoln Memorial by herself, and I go, yep, Camilla would totally do that. She's so active! Take care!

noelle said...

it kind of puts it all into perspective. your 5-month preggo belly and then aubrey out there being a big girl. how did she ever fit inside you? i still don't believe you're a mom. i refuse.

Linda said...

What a fun weekend! It seems like you guys are getting in as much traveling as you can before the winter kicks in. I miss being able to take weekend trips like that.