Proclaimed "the only city in America with an entrance" by the New York Times, the city skyline and rivers of Pittsburgh pop up out of nowhere as you enter the city via the Fort Pitt Tunnel, and onto the Fort Pitt Bridge. I've been meaning to get back to this bridge for a good 7 or 8 months now to take pictures, and I finally did. Don't be fooled by the bright sunny pictures. It was about 20 degrees. I took these pictures from the city side of the rivers, so I would like to get a good one sometime from the other side of the bridge, of the in your face city-scape you see through the Fort Pitt Tunnels.

Original photos
This is why it's taken me so long to come back. I was a little uneasy going to this spot on my own, and these little signs are exactly why. They look like the same person wrote them, so maybe this is some homeless person's regular hangout, which is both sad and unsettling to me. Hence I have made sure to only go here with a big man by my side.
I took this picture from the same spot back in July, but with a cruddy point and shoot camera. I wanted to recreate it with my good camera, but now in comparison, I see I didn't quite get it right. I should have looked at this picture before hand or brought it with me. Oh well, I have either 449 or 1899 bridges to try and get one that's just right!
I took this picture from the same spot back in July, but with a cruddy point and shoot camera. I wanted to recreate it with my good camera, but now in comparison, I see I didn't quite get it right. I should have looked at this picture before hand or brought it with me. Oh well, I have either 449 or 1899 bridges to try and get one that's just right!

10 comments:
so aud and i decided your blog is a fave of ours. you keep us smiling, and so we keep coming back for more. lovely photos, too.
Nice bridge photos. Under bridges are probably one of the more scarier places to be, you are brave. I don't care how big or small they are there is bound to be a residence of somekind underneath.
The photo's of your friends baby are so pretty you captured how adorable she is. Oh and by the way I have a fabric fetish too and also making plans to make a new diaper bag. What kind are you trying to make? Oh yeah, I also have a bag fetish as well:). I have issues:)
Can't wait to cross that bridge when we get there...and for you to take lots of pics. It's better not be 20 degrees though.
So talented. :)
If I could pick a place to be homeless, Pittsburgh would not be at the top of my list. Love the pictures!
I'm totally going to need some of your city/bridge prints. They will make great artwork (yes, you are that talented!). That way Pitt (and you) will stay in the front of our hearts! :) Super cheesy (but true!).
I LOVE YOUR BRIDGE PICTURES!! I am pretty sure you know that though. I am going to have to take a picture of your picture hangning on my wall. It's fabulous!
I'll show these pictures to Hunter... He really likes bridges... my soo engineer-like kind of husband.. :) Your photos do look great. You are very talented. So I found a new hobby last week... I try (emphasis on try) to exercise a couple times a week... we'll see for how long I can keep it up! LOL Take care!
I just love all of your Pgh. posts. It makes me miss the 'burgh, but also brings back tons of fond memories.
great shots-I love the entrance into the city. I think I see the man the writes those everytime I come down to the Southside-he stands right at the entrance to the Fort Pitt tunnels where the traffics not moving and knocks on peoples windows-I pretend I don't hear him-is that bad?
Post a Comment