Sunday, March 8, 2009

Blog it baby, 5 years and counting


It's about time that I (Zach) contribute something to this blog. Even though I give her a hard time about all the time she spends posting/blogging/blog-surfing/thinking about new blog ideas/making backgrounds for hers and others' blogs/photographing things for no other reason than to "blog it", I always look forward to seeing Mel's posts. I decided that since it was our 5 year anniversary last Friday, I would write a warm, fuzzy, lovey-dovy post about my Mel (if you know Mel, you know how uncomfortable she'll be knowing that others will also read this, she's a little anti-PDA, but oh well).

So it was 5 years ago that Mel and I sat in a waiting room in the Logan Temple before our sealing ceremony, both of us excited but mostly nervous.  "I think I'm gonna throw up, I'm gonna pass out, this dress it too tight, I can't breath".  Mel was pretty freaked out, can you blame her??

               She looked beautiful, too bad it was about 20 degrees and windy.

The ceremony was awesome, or so I've been told.  Adrenaline and anxiety do funny things to your memory, good thing we had so many family and friends there to remind us what happened.

I thought that to bloggebrate (blog+celebrate) our 5 year anniversary, I'd post some meaningful pics.  I love you Mel.

 
 
That famous Gruwell family half-baked look that only gets caught by cameras. Eating a meal before attempting a summit of Mt. Rainier.


Enjoying a sunset on lion's back in Moab.


We thought that we should see if we could successfully raise a dog (success is pass/fail...  Lulu is still alive so I guess we passed) before trying our hand with an actual child.


Then along came Aubrey....

And now here we are!!!
Thanks for 5 wonderful years of marriage, isn't it great to have someone to share so many memories with?  I get excited thinking about all of the memories we'll make in the future together  Here's to many more love-filled years.


Zach


16 comments:

kajohnson said...

Very nice Zach! KJ

Kimo said...

Congratulations on making it five years! You two really are a super cute couple. Good job, Zach on a beautiful tribute to Melanie.

Hey, I recognize that photo of the two of you kissing by the covered bridge. Wasn't that the camping trip where my 9 month old was up all night long throwing up everywhere? We thought for sure that you two would never want to have kids after that trip! Guess we were wrong - good thing too, because Aubrey is a cutie!

Libby said...

how sweet zach! happy anniversary!

The Dorny Family said...

Very cute, Zach. I always love it when the guy does a post. I hope you have many happy memories to come.

lindsey gruwell said...

ohh that's such a cute post! I love all the pictures. Happy Anniversary!

Rachel said...

oh the love! I think we have the same daughter. The arched back for the picture is all too familiar.

Amy said...

Aww! That is too sweet. Mike needs to take a lesson from you. We are going to miss you guys sooo much!

Amy said...

PS I was going to say that I love the new word "bloggebrate". I'll totally have to steal that.

tiffany and darren said...

I love these posts!! They are just so thoughtful and when men can express themselves via blog, I think they get major points!!
I also think they love hearing about how sweet they are through all the comments, but hey, they definately deserve it! You are so sweet Zach :)

Michele said...

Wow that is impressive...I can't even get Cory to read our blog! Happy belated anniversary...5 years and both the baby and the dog are alive and well...I say its time for baby #2! The world could never have enough Aubreys!

The Jungle Explorer said...

Congratulations on 5 years! Hope you have just as much fun in the next 5.

Jana said...

That was so thoughtful. You guys are a very cute couple!!! I loved all the pics through time. :)

noelle said...

yeah!!! that was awesome. real love, niƱos. three cheers for real love.

Anonymous said...

Aww...Zach. This was a surprise. And the best anniversary gift! See, I'm not such a bad wife. I might not cook, but I'm easy to please, I'm much happier getting a sweet blog post then some expensive jewelry! So count your blessings :) You did pick some HORRIBLE fat pictures of me to post though, really scary ones. But thanks for the sweet post and that it was just the right amount of lovey dovey, not too much pda, thanks! Love you!

Kimberly said...

That was thoughtful of you Zach. Rhett is more like Mel and doesn't care for PDA. So what do I do but exploit the fact:)

You guys are a great couple. I wish you many more years of happiness!

Elise said...

So sweet! Happy Anniversary! Zach you're so thoughtful. And all the pictures are great, really! What a sweet anniversary surprise.