Last week a group of girls and toddlers and babies went to the Botanic Gardens. Doesn't sound much fun for kids, right? But they have a fabulous children's area with playgrounds and playhouses and all sorts of cute whimsical gardens. Had I not been so hot and exhausted by the time I carried Aubrey out of there (because she won't sit in a stroller or walk if she's cranky), I would have been back already. Once the weather gets cooler, I'll be seeing that place again I'm sure.
fun colors, cute little hands

Don't be fooled, she wasn't cooperating for pictures. This was a lucky shot of her, sigh...

you can buy bags of fish food and feed these crazy goldfish - this was a hit with the kids. I know you're thinking about how tragic Aubrey's hair looks, it's horrendous. She won't keep hair ties or clips or anything in, so she runs around looking like Pigpen from Peanuts-all sweat and dirt all the time.

I took lots of other pictures there too, but stuck them over on my photo blog. Check them out here to see some of the other cute stuff at the gardens!

12 comments:
maybe I should have gotten a little further from Aubrey when I named my Audrey because I swear those girls are one in the same.
great pictures!I love them. great photos...girl you got the skill too!
You are becoming quite the photographer :) Your comments make me laugh, it'll be funny to see if your next little girl is anything like Aubrey or the complete opposite!
LOVE that picture of Aubrey. A happy accident indeed. I'm so happy you have friends! That'a more than I can say!
wow, your pictures are beautiful! And it doesn't hurt that aubs is pretty cute. I just noticed you cut her hair, right?
I don't blame you for not exploring in the heat. I hibernate during the humid summer and am so excited for fall to come and I can explore the outside world once again!
can't wait to see more pictures of the gardens and different Memphis places, please go to Graceland for me I've always wanted to go there, and I gotta tell ya I love all aubreys pictures, kids with perfect clothes and perfect hair are scary!!!it's not natural, a little too Stepford not enough Wild Things
I love the lucky shot of Aubs. It's fun to see how much she's grown and getting older.
Well Congratulations Mel!!! I just found out the great news on the growing baby in your tummy:) This is my first day back on the blogging scene. So sorry for not commenting latley. I've missed so much. I really wish you were here to take our family pics all of yours turn out just how I like 'em:) Artistic and fun:)By the way your bump is toooo cute!!
Your pictures are awesome! So much color. I love the one with the fishes.
I love your photos, you are such a good photographer. I really want to get good at take some photos, but don't know if I want to sell my first born for a good lens. What do you think is a good lens for an OK price. I have the canon rebel Xsi. I was thinking of the 50mm. f/1.4, do you have this lens?
How are you feeling? Soon your new baby will be here, how exciting for your growing family:)!
Thanks,
MaRea
I love your photos, you are such a good photographer. I really want to get good at take some photos, but don't know if I want to sell my first born for a good lens. What do you think is a good lens for an OK price. I have the canon rebel Xsi. I was thinking of the 50mm. f/1.4, do you have this lens?
How are you feeling? Soon your new baby will be here, how exciting for your growing family:)!
Thanks,
MaRea
Post a Comment